Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Ledward is Fearless
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  06:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Took some friends to see their first Ledward show last night at the Freight & Salvage in Berkeley. Naturally they were amazed. They were especially impressed by his "Wailana" which he described as one of his Mom's favorite songs, and then sang in a most exquisite falsetto. Of course, "Ku`u Ipo Onaona" and Led's ukulele virtuosity also surprised them. Two more fans for the Kalapana Kid.

Led mentioned that he's finished a new CD, to be called "Fearless" and due for release in June. He said he did all instrumentals "going for the Grammy." He mentioned that he did several new original slack key pieces, as well as his uke versions of "Killing Me Softly" and "Love is Blue."

Donley joined Led for a few numbers in each set. Led mentioned that Donley is working on his own CD these days. The house was packed and the crowd was enthusiastic. We ran into a bunch of Taropatch regulars and folks from Patrick's Hawaiian Music Institute. There are still three more dates on the Northern California tour so if you're any where near Redwood City, Mill Valley, or Point Reyes, be sure to get out and catch the show.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  2:40:43 PM  Show Profile
Led is the only guy I've that can crack himself up while playing.

Led is the only guy I've seen that can crack himself while playing. Great fun to talk to.

Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  3:29:23 PM  Show Profile
Led's awesome!!! Your right Kory, Led cracks himself up on stage...he is truly having such a good time he can't contain himself. Its amazing that after all these years, his zeal for playing hasn't diminished. He's like a kid at recess, just loving to play, and play, and play.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

JimC
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  05:24:02 AM  Show Profile
Nice to see it was such a good turn out at Freight and Salvage. There was probably only 20 or so at Sweetwater on Tues night but Led still played as if the house was packed.

Jim
http://www.ohanahulasupply.com
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  3:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage
Nobody else is like Led...he's always smiling, laughing and good spirited. I know. He is my cousin. The whole family is like that. Led is one of a kine...and the King of Slack Key.

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  6:56:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
I second that! He is definitely one of the best slack key players of all time and is my favorite because of his wonderful personality, stage presence, and incredible talent. I can't wait to see him here next week in concert and conducting a workshop. I so stoked! Lucky you, Don, to be in such a wonderful and talented family! Can I be your adopted cousin?
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  8:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
I don't know about the rest of you, but I would pay good money for a CD of Led laughing. He has one of them most endearing laughs on the planet. Little known fact is that you can hear Led playing on Oahu just about every Tuesday - often to a very small audiance. He plays at Kapono's in the Aloha Tower Marketplace on Tuesday Evenings. In case you are booking a flight in or out of Honolulu, keep this in mind. Well worth the price of a burger....

Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass

Edited by - Konabob on 03/04/2005 8:16:06 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000