Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 guitar tab for Ka'ai
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2002 :  4:25:05 PM  Show Profile
I'm looking for anyone who has or knows of slack key tab for Pure Heart's Ka'ai. I believe Jon Yamasato played this (Pure Heart's 1st album). If you haven't heard this, check it out. It's a beautiful tune. I'm a beginner and would like to learn this song.

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2002 :  6:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Haven't seen it, but what I can offer is an ugly but information-packed PDF document with a list of 160 slack key songs that available in lesson form in one or more of the books/videos referenced in the review section of this site. The list is currently sorted by song name, but if anyone's interested I can also sort it by tuning. The link to it is:

http://www.patchett.com/kihoalu/tarosongs.pdf

Craig
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2002 :  01:18:01 AM  Show Profile
Help anyone.
I tried to open the link in Acrobat, but get an error message about now being able to find color something C6 -- all I get is a black acrobat screen.
Thanks
Raymond
San Jose

Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2002 :  10:23:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I haven't seen that error before Raymond...I tested the link on Windows 2000 and Mac OS X and didn't run into problems. You might try downloading the file to disk (right click in Windows, Control-click in Mac OS) then opening it. If that doesn't work, or if anyone prefers, I can also upload the original Excel spreadsheet I used to make the PDF. That way you can also do your own sorting. Just let me know.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2002 :  12:50:56 AM  Show Profile
Downloaded to disk first, got same error message. Tried another PDF file from a different source, opened ok.
If you would post excell, I personally would appreciate it.

I've been keeping an excell sheet with all the cuts on the CD'sI've bought in the past three years (Hawaiian only) -- title, artist, album, and location in my files. Might be helpful to someone else. I use it to track down different versions of a song that I'm trying to work up. The problem is that it covers the 100 or so CD's I have (which you might or might not) and only those. It is also a project which gets added to almost weekly. It's a big file, but if anyone wants it, I can make it available.

Raymond
San Jose

Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2002 :  1:46:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Very strange...when you get a chance could you email the exact error message to me at craig @ patchett.com? Has anyone else had problems with the PDF?

In any case, I've uploaded the Excel spreadsheet:

http://www.patchett.com/kihoalu/tarolearn.xls

I also updated the PDF...both files are now up to 168 songs.

Raymond, I'd love a copy of your spreadsheet when you get a chance. Mahalo.

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 02/04/2003 1:11:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2002 :  6:11:45 PM  Show Profile
At the moment I have absolutely no use for either of your lists, but they sound like something I'll wish I had some time in the future.

Andy, these both sound like valuable general purpose resources for slack key. Do you have server space for lists like these?

Pauline

Oops, sorry, that is assuming Craig and Raymond are willing to have them posted here.

Edited by - Pauline Leland on 08/16/2002 18:15:10
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2002 :  10:49:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi all,

People willing, I have the server space.

Ideally, this data could be put into a database where surfers could search by song, artist, etc. Seems like it would be helpful for people searching for published tab. My expertise is limited so that could take a little time, though.

Anyway, food for thought. I'll think about it in the car on the way to NYC... I think I'm going to roast (90 degrees and humid!) Where are the tradewinds?!?!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  3:22:08 PM  Show Profile
Craig,
I'm going 2 for 2 with this:

Here's what I get when I open the Acrobat link:
"Could not find the ColorSpace Cs6." Followed by This file contains information not understood by this program.

Here's what I get when I click your link to the Excel sheet:
ÐÏ à¡± áE ^

I can send the spreadsheet, but to where?
Raymond

Andy,
As to posting the spreadsheet -- Here's my thinking at yjis point --For me it is a work in progress. I add a couple of disks a month. Posting it seems to be freezing it in time. I don't want to be "on" for regular updates. However, if saomeone wants a copy at anyone time, I have no problem forwarding it.

Raymond.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  12:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Sounds good RJS. Your list is definitely a more personal thing reflecting your own collection.

For general searching, I highly recommend Auntie Maria's search engine at www.mele.com. You can search by artist, song, album, etc. It's very useful/helpful.

When I did the book and video listings, I thought it would be good to list the songs. However, this format is not ideal if you're seeking a specific song. I might try consolidating my own list all in one place. We'll see. It may help if someone is searching for published tab of a given song.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  8:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Raymond, a quick search on the Web (groups.google.com is a great resource if you run into any kind of error messsage) shows that you probably need to upgrade to a new version of Acrobat Reader. (At least 4.5.) The Excel problem is probably also version related so I'll repost a tab-delimited file tomorrow that should be readable by anything.

Andy, the PDF and Excel files I posted ARE a consolidated list of the songs from the book and video postings, so check them out before you redo them.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  11:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Craig. I'll check it out.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  1:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
OK, sorry about all the incompatibility issues. I've uploaded two more files that should eliminate all the problems. The following is an HTML version of the table sorted by song name:

http://www.patchett.com/kihoalu/tarosongs.htm

(If the edges of the table are broken up, reload the page.)

Next we have a tab-delimited version of the Excel spreadsheet for those of you who want to play with the data:

http://www.patchett.com/kihoalu/tarolearn.txt

Hopefully one of those should do the trick for you.

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 08/20/2002 15:31:01
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000