Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Aloha Music Camp's February Camp
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  3:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Aloha Music Camp's Winter Whale Camp
February 5 - 11, 2006
Kaupoa Beach Village, on the Magical Island of Moloka`i

www.AlohaMusicCamp.com

Study slack key guitar, hula, `ukulele and Hawaiian language & culture with the Beamer `ohana, Hawaii's First Family of Music, and friends.

• Keola Beamer - slack key guitar
  • Moanalani Beamer - hula
  • Nona Beamer - Hawaiian culture
  • Kaliko Beamer-Trapp - Hawaiian language

with
  • Pat Cockett - `ukulele & slack key guitar
  • Fred Lunt - Hawaiian steel guitar
  • Anakala Pilipo - Hawaiian crafts and cultural practices
  • Dennis Lake - Build Your Own `Ukulele
  • Mark Kailana Nelson - slack key guitar

and more to come...

Camp fees start at $1600 per person and include 6 nights lodging at a secluded, eco-luxury beach resort, three delicious meals a day, all workshops, classes and evening concerts. An Extended Camp option is available for those wishing a little more time in paradise.

More than a workshop, The Aloha Music Camp is an immersion into the music, dance and culture of Hawai`i.

Register on-line today!

www.AlohaMusicCamp.com

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  07:59:06 AM  Show Profile
You can't get rid of us that easily---we moved RainyCamp back a week, & I've just finished registering for self & Susy. Yeeehaaaw!!!!

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  12:38:34 PM  Show Profile
Kailana!

Please tell me that you have Anakala Pilipo for the June camp, too!

Puna

Puna
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  09:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:

Please tell me that you have Anakala Pilipo for the June camp, too!

Yes, Anakala Pilipo will be very much involved in the June camp, teaching traditional crafts and Hawaiian cultural practices.

We had a wonderful morning talking story a couple of weeks ago at Kaupoa. It is an honor to know such a remarkable man.

For the benefit of those who haven't had the pleasure, Anakala Pilipo Solatario is involved in the restoration of Molokai's Halawa Valley and feels deeply about maintaining & sharing traditional Hawaiian culture and values.

On his own, initially with his own funds, he created a traditional Hawaiian garden at the Kaupoa Beach Village, where he offers classes and workshops to guests.

This mala is one of the reasons our June camp was such a magical experience -- many of our classes were held inside it's grounds, and our participants learned to honor and respect the piko.

I am happy to say that, thanks to letters of support we were able to pass on to the Molokai Ranch, the mala is now supported and Anakala's contributions are both recognized and treasured.

And wait until you hear him sing!

We look forward to a long and wonderful friendship.

cheers,

Mark Kailana Nelson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000