Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 April 15-18 visit to Menlo Park area
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  2:22:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm passing through Menlo Park area for a private gig on April 16th.
Just wonderin' if anyone wants to have a little brew on Friday night, or maybe a coffee and organic grits on Sat. morning? Play a song, and compare notes etc.
I'll check on where they're putting us up...some fancy Hotel chain I think...for a change NO Motel 6.
Although the one in Ely, NV is not too bad.

Looks like Friday evening, Sat. Morning, and Sunday may be open--in Stanford area or beyond...sorry, I won't go to Ely though.
Ultimate frisbee anyone?

Or if there's a Kanikapila on Friday or Sunday --I'm interested if I can capture a ride!
The great and powerful fiddler has spoken.
Ok, iksnay on the egosnay.
Aw gee, I forgot my new Latin dictionary.

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  3:13:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha e Gordon,
E, blalah, you one fellow nominee for "class clown". Sappose you come my hale in La Honda (I am the last Prankster), and we play, grind and soak?? If can, can, if no can, cannot, but if can, he hale kou.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  06:56:45 AM  Show Profile
Gordon,

As you know, we live close by, near Stanford. Would love to get together for a jammish thingie, or even a kani-kapilikia. Since taxes are done by then, Fri nite or Sat morning should be fine.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  12:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for invites ya'll.
I need to check the exact schedule, all I know right now is the BIG GIG is Sat. night.
Hopefully no Sun morning gigs, but the previously mentioned Fri nite, Sat. morn and also Sun morn or mid-day is a maybe...we aren't scheduled to fly out till Monday...
I don't personally have a car, am riding with a singer/songwriter, and you know how they can be!
Don't know if I can get to La Honda, but it's nice up there.
Actually, I'll see if Chuck is interested in the Kanikapila scene, but I don't think he's "gotten" what it's about...yet.
But I'd love to chat, pick, and of course, EAT FOOD, DRINK BEER with you guys and Cynthia, and whoever else is into it at the necessary moments.
I'll get back to ya, BWOP and Lawrence.
G
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  1:07:01 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to Gordon's chat room.
If you're not Gordon, you've been kicked out.
Jus' Jokin'.

How to kill a good post...
Be your own conversation.

Well, anyhoo]
My only gig commitment is Sat nite and the afternoon prep.
So thinkin' of headin' to a dinner somewhere near Menlo Park on Fri night, and
then maybe a friendly cirlce of pickers sometime, somewhere Sunday.

I've e-mailed a couple of ya.
Any good Vietnamese or Thai restaurants in the area?
Gster
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  8:54:10 PM  Show Profile
So, maybe Friday in La Honda...
hang out in trees and sing, eat or chill...

Go Sunday late afternoon or so for Misc.. Thai or whatever...gotta lay down some tracks on the G, D, A, and E Sunday mid-day...den I be free.

Waht?
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  4:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha e mau hoaloha!
I just got the great news that Gordon Himself, and Lawrence and Cynthia are heading up here to the "slide'n side of town" (if you watch the news) in La Honda on Friday, April 14th. Don't you know, we're gonna grind, play, dance and be merry. Any other kanaka wanna stay come?? Let me know, and bring some food (planny room for sleeping bags) (and, of course, the couch, Cathy). Otherwise, watch out for one kani here Memorial Day weekend (will post soon), and a workshop/concert with George Kahumoku here in mid July. A hui ho!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  11:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Bwop,
tell me more about the July deal with George. I am looking for a workshop on the west coast. I know he has one in May in SoCal but it is only a one and a half hour deal....too far, too much $ for just tthat short a deal. I emailed him asking if he could extend that stay a day or so on either side of the saturday, but the response was negatory.

Is the Gordo jam in April going to be just that,or maybe something structured??? I really want to learn, but just jamming doesn;t do it for me. I might could make it for that for a long wweekend. The prospect of meeting not only Gordon and Bwop (my two clown n ominees) and also Lawrence is quite appealing to me.

No idea where Menlo park is. Isnt there one in new jersey (Edison Lab?) Tha twould be the wrong side of the continent for me.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  12:48:30 PM  Show Profile
Uncle Karl -
Menlo Park is between San Francisco and San Jose, where Stanford University is located. It's a very pretty area.
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  8:58:44 PM  Show Profile

Aloha kakou. Aaahhhh! La Honda in the spring......and you gon' save da couch for me? Boy, that's an offer I can't refuse, mahalo. Been missing all of ya, even that tall fiddle player, ya know, the humble one? <smiles>

cathe
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  01:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Karl:

There were rumblings back at the January sessions for another Hawaiian Music Institute workshop in Seattle for around the end August sometime. Stay tuned for that one, since it probably is closer to you (and it's all weekend, so more bang for the buck). I don't want to say any more, since it's not official yet.

M
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  1:19:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey, La Honda,
It was not so long ago...
Thanks to Peter and Melinda for hosting a sumptuous dinner...
and kanikapila.

And thanks to the pickers!
Doug, Lawrence, Cynthia, Larry, Peter, Melinda, and oh my, who else was there?
Of course, the reason I wear MY name tag upside down is....so I can check it.
-- and as to my friends...please wear YOUR name tag right side up, and I'll always rememer you.
Thanks to Lawrence..." and I hope we passed the audition" --said Ringo.
What a great trip...and while the Empty Arms Stanford Park Hotel was grand...the get-together made it a Six Flags over Stanford journey.
This is my song...
Nodrog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000