Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Ozzie's "Ku'u Kika Kahiko"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fingerpickin
Lokahi

117 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  11:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fingerpickin's Homepage
Aloha, all.

Do any of our Taropatchers out there have tablature for Ozzies rendition of this tune? (aka, "This Old Guitar")

The song appears on "Hawaiian Slack Key Masters" and I love it.

Any help appreciated!

Mahalo,

-Lance

"Hey Lance, try watch." -Ozzie

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  1:40:35 PM  Show Profile
OK - I promised to get out and pull together a database of tabs we could share - promis a posting in the next few days! I hope this one is open for all of us. No postings will be directly in the 'patch...
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  4:15:35 PM  Show Profile
Email Ozzie - he often sends out a copy of this song.
Go to Top of Page

Papamonty
Aloha

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  04:20:27 AM  Show Profile
Lance,

Ozzie emailed me the Ku'u Kika Kahiko tabs and others I had requested. Do you still need them? I know that Ozzie has emailed at least one other TaroPatcher these tabs so I don't think he would mind it if I emailed them to you. However, I would feel more comfortable asking Ozzie first and getting permission to send the tabs to you but he is very busy and takes a while to answer his emails. When he does answer, he is very gracious. I wish I could study under him but I am all the way in Memphis, TN. Happy New Year!!

Jon M
Go to Top of Page

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  06:04:02 AM  Show Profile
Papa,

Did not know there was another taropatcher in the "area". I am in Huntsville, AL. I love Ozzies stuff and have emailed for tabs...no answer yet, so when you do email them, please email me too and post here that you have sent them...I use a special box that I do not check often.

Thanks,

Mike

Aloha, Mike
Go to Top of Page

Papamonty
Aloha

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  08:53:27 AM  Show Profile
Mike,

Please email me.

Jon M
Go to Top of Page

All Thumbs
Aloha

35 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  09:49:54 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Papamonty

Lance,

Ozzie emailed me the Ku'u Kika Kahiko tabs and others I had requested. Do you still need them? I know that Ozzie has emailed at least one other TaroPatcher these tabs so I don't think he would mind it if I emailed them to you. However, I would feel more comfortable asking Ozzie first and getting permission to send the tabs to you but he is very busy and takes a while to answer his emails. When he does answer, he is very gracious. I wish I could study under him but I am all the way in Memphis, TN. Happy New Year!!

Jon M

If you are able to provide a tab for this particular piece of music, I too, would like to receive a copy. I have quite a collection of Ozzie Kotani's handwritten tabs from a workshop he gave at Standford some years ago. Unfortunately, this piece was not included.

Mahalo
All Thumbs

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000