Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 San Diego Slack Key Concert
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gjconsult
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  06:03:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit gjconsult's Homepage
For those of you near San Diego, we are planning a Slack Key Guitar Masters concert with George Kahomoku Jr and Daniel Ho on Saturday May 7th. There will also be an intimate slack key workshop in the afternoon with George K. For more info go to www.alohaleilani.com where you can get info and tickets.

Geri

Geri

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  08:44:01 AM  Show Profile
It looks like there is an `ukulele workshop, too. Is Daniel Ho doing that one?

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  08:45:53 AM  Show Profile
Oops... Looks like your next post answered that one.
http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2639

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  11:54:05 AM  Show Profile
OK, but ostemsibly I've signed up for a class with George up here in LA from 10:30 to 12:00. I'm assuming he knows about Saturday afternoon traffic.....
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

gjconsult
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  06:51:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit gjconsult's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Nancy

OK, but ostemsibly I've signed up for a class with George up here in LA from 10:30 to 12:00. I'm assuming he knows about Saturday afternoon traffic.....
n

Good Point - they are driving down to San Diego right after the LA workshop and our San Diego workshops are at 4:30pm. We know it will be tight.
Geri

Geri
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  06:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Nancy

OK, but ostensibly I've signed up for a class with George...

I think that's the first time anyone's used the word "ostensibly" here on TaroPatch. I'm impressed.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 04/11/2005 2:01:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  08:46:25 AM  Show Profile
Mr Patch,

Check http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2020&SearchTerms=ostensibly

Julie actually used it. Gosh I love search engines.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  09:36:53 AM  Show Profile
Now, now...

Let us not shed doubt on Julie's and Nancy's perspicacity with obstreperous objections to their ostensible utterances. But then, perchance we could all postulate eschewment of overly ebullient embellishments of otherwise eminently earnest prose.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 04/11/2005 2:53:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  2:26:18 PM  Show Profile
You actually put a contraction in that beautiful sentence? Shame! Besides, I spoke no negatives nor objections towards Nancy or Julie whatsoever. They are my buds, and I am sticking to that story.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  2:52:25 PM  Show Profile
Ok - I dun fixst it, un mades it more betterer.

Mahope Kākou...

Edited by - Lawrence on 04/11/2005 3:01:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  3:19:02 PM  Show Profile
Geri,

Forgive us for way-laying your thread. It kinda happens here in the patch. Okay everybody, time to support the San Diego connection for the Slack Key Guitar Masters concert and workshops. See the top of this thread. Also don't forget the Brown `Ohana on April 22 in Carlsbad, http://www.slackkey.net/TourApril05.html

BTW: Welcome aboard.

Dave

Edited by - `Ilio Nui on 04/11/2005 3:19:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  3:58:20 PM  Show Profile
Yes - back to the intended topic...

I have taken lessons from and worked with Daniei indirectly on a music project and I am quite impressed with his musical skills. George's many skills are legendary. The concert and the workshop should both be a real treat!

Mahope Kākou...
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  5:19:58 PM  Show Profile
Hey Big Dog, thanks!!!
How come the workshop in SD is "intimate" and ours has 18 people in it??
And they will be back up here the next day for a very special Mothers' Day concert - So There! Now if I could only get my kid to go.....
Hugs to all you folks!
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  11:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
So, obstreperously, a guy could travel to Loss Angelique's, have a class/workshop/lesson with George, then perambulate australly to Sandy Aego and get yet another class/workshop/lesson, and go to a concert as well? ANd, mayhaps there might be others in teh area who would wish to get to gether and show a boreal visitor a few licks on their axes, hoist a few brews and do it again the next day? Howabout the friday night before; anything going on in LA? If i were to come, i would want to fill the time with music and meeting new friends. Or, is it old friends....it seems i know some of you already:)

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  06:08:12 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Karl!
I'm here by LAX so you could stay here. I'll put the word out if that's what you decide to do and see who we can snag in. Jeff Watson who plays a mean steal guitar, Doug, Jay, a few others are not too far, but way more folks down south! I'm taking the workshop w/ George.
Lemme kwow what you decide - there're also more workshops and a concert up here on Sunday, I think.
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000