Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Looking for people to jam with in Kailua, Oahu
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

poipicker
Aloha

8 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  1:41:50 PM  Show Profile
I've been playing guitiar for most of my life, and have been playing slack key for the past few months. I am looking for folks to jam with. Aloha,
Poipicker

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  2:00:40 PM  Show Profile
... your telling me there's nobody in Kailua who plays Slack Key????? Brudda, you need to get out more often. I don't personally know anyone out there, I just find it hard to believe that you can't find someone. Check your music store, check your local eateries, maybe some entertainment places can give you a lead. There's a bunch that play down at Kanakapili park almost daily, Makaha side has a bunch I'm sure. If you've been playing that long, you must 'know people'...Oahu/Kailua is certainly a place to look.
Yikes!!
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  4:11:12 PM  Show Profile
Wow, pretty harsh dude. What better way to find like minds of Slack Key than the TP.

Poipicker. Welcome aboard and I hope you find the players you're looking for. Occasionally some of us venture to the islands and would love to link up.

Aloha nui,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  7:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Welcome poipicker,

Surprisingly, O`ahu is not that easy. Well, not like the Waihe`e gang on Maui getting together and inviting everybody every week. There are guys on O`ahu though. Hopefully some will check in here and post. Lot of good players studying at UH or privately with various instructors. Let's see if anyone checks in.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  09:06:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Yeah, I love to kanikapila. It use to be "anytime any place' but because of my currently busy schedule I can only kanikapila "sometimes some places" but send me a email picker of poi and we could arrange something. Alohas
Go to Top of Page

Nanahonua
Aloha

17 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  11:23:45 AM  Show Profile
Hey Eric - Long time no jam... Let me know if you set one up!

Vernon
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  11:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Vernon and Eric,

How are things on Oahu? Hope you guys are well and to see you soon. Unfortunately, we no plans to visit in the immediate future. But will let you know if that changes.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Nanahonua
Aloha

17 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  1:29:02 PM  Show Profile
Andy - By all means, let me know when you're in town. Getting into playing jazz nowadays, but always willing to have or participate in a Hawaiian music session. You are right, that it's not so easy to just pick up and find an informal slack-key jam on this Island. Go figure.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  1:56:23 PM  Show Profile
Poipicker, (or you Dave)
No offense meant, my apologies if it appeared to come across that way. I figured on Oahu, you could throw a stick and hit a slack key player, uke player, surfer, etc... there's such an abundance there of all things Hawaiian I figured it wouldn't be difficult a task. Good luck in your search.
I'll actually be out near Kailua in May, maybe we could hook up.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  5:15:32 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Rik -
My friends on O'ahu said, well really, if you want slack key, you should go to Maui.
And maybe it's like Gardena - they're playing ukuleles with halau.
See U soon!!
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000