Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 SoCal workshop trip
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  07:43:47 AM  Show Profile
Karl, it was great making the connection with you again. George's workshop and concert with Daniel was great fun - glad you liked my "`Ulupalakua"

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  10:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
After reading Hapakid's post this morning i realized what i had forgotten; his last email to me prior to leaving for SoCal was to "play a lot, learn some licks, meet some folks and take lots of pictures". Well, I got so caught up with the first threee, i forgot to take any pictures. OK, so i got 3. What a dope. If any of yo wonder what Jesse (hapakid) looks like, check out the post under Manhattan Beach...etc. in this forum. I always get a picture in my mind of whatsomeone might look like, and rarely does it coe out right

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  3:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Dusty,
Good to see you and Sheila again, but no time to play or talk much. I had a great whirlwind sort of time this weekend, but would love to spend more time with the SoCal crowd to get to know you all better and play and learn more slack key.
Doug,
OK we got it "wrong" Friday night. Let's just call it a variation on the original. If yo can make a copy of the Sunday workshop for me, perhaps you could also send me a recording of your version of Napili Chimes? I love the way you did it at Aunties.
Keith,
I was very happy to meet you as well. You are my current idol...I loved your playing and singing,and the any variations you used in the songs you played. Uncle George got me started on that Saturday afternoon (he doesn;t know that, but the demo of him accompanying Dusty was an eye-opener), and in the Sunday session I spent most of my time figuring out variations and runs cmplientary to what Uncle George and Doug and John were doing. Another plateau is in sight!
Rik,
Great to meet you. I can see you have the energy for the climbs you have in mind.
I want you to make that a PROMISE to come visit, not just a THREAT :)

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000