Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 St. Louis - Howzit?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  3:32:57 PM  Show Profile
So how was the show in St Louis. I sent my Uncle and cousin, both Slack Key virgins and they had a great time. Debbie, I know you met them. Will Missouri become the hotbed of mainland Slack?

Kawiks

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  09:08:01 AM  Show Profile
Ha! I'd be thrilled if it did. I think Alaska sees more slack key than we do. I had to fly to Wisconsin in 2002, then there was nothing until Chicago in 2004, and now St. Louis. A brain malfunction prevented me from learning about the show until last Thursday, at which point I did some Mapquesting, phone calls and serious begging to my husband (to let me go) and mom (to cover child care). It was of course well worth every minute of the mind-numbing drive to sit and listen to Patrick and Cyril. I had a big foolish grin on my face from the the very first moment of the concert. I had sadly forgotten how much more wonderful slack key sounds live (it's been a long, cold winter since I saw you guys at Auntie's house!). It was exactly what I needed to get me all charged up about AMC.

I had my taropatch.net button on, but sadly, I believe I was the only TP'er present. It was very nice getting to meet your kin, Big Dog, especially your uncle. Patrick says he is going to try and get more MidWest gigs, so we need to try to get more folks around here interested. (Amusing side note - I was enjoying the last few songs that Cyril and Patrick did together when a heavily tattooed gentleman sat down next to me grinning. After Hawai`i Aloha, he turned to me and introduced himself as an employee of the Stratford Inn and said that he had been over at the Led Zepplin tribute at the bar, but that he had wandered over to listen to the slack key and was blown away by quality of the music and musicians. We're building up the fan base one person at a time....)

Now to get `Ohana Brown out here...

Me ke aloha,

Deb
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2005 :  05:45:55 AM  Show Profile
Deb,

We had Cyril and Patrick a day or two before you in Kent, Ohio. I mention to Patrick that it would be great to bring Kevin and his family, too! That's two gigs!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000