Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Grass Shack Records On the Big Island
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RichardH
Aloha

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2002 :  04:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit RichardH's Homepage
Aloha,
I wanted to let you know that Grass Shack Records on the Big Island is now up and running.

The studio is located a couple minute walk from Kealakekua Bay. The studio was sonically designed for recording acoustic instruments, and the main room (20x24 feet) has a 'live' end and a 'quiet' end, and a small central hardwood floor with removable carpet for tuning the room to the specific instrument or instruments. Slack key just sings in the room.

There is also an isolated drum/vocal room (10x14 feet). The control room is 12x14 feet. All rooms are double walled and double doored.

The format is hard disk recording, using SONAR II. You can get a vague idea of the space and the equipment from the website,

http://www.GrassShackRecords.com

where we have a few pics up. There is some other information there as well, and a few MP3s.

The photos are a poor representation of the space, but musicians who have recorded here tell the story of a great room and a great sound.

I am an electrical engineer, and love music and recording great records.

If you have any questions, call or email me.

Mahalo,
Richard

Richard
Grass Shack Records
Kealakekua Bay, Hawaii
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000