Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 anyone know about Benbow Lake Luau 2005?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  11:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows the date/performers lined up for Benbow Lake Luau this year (or are they having it again this year?)

Karen

Michael Arago
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  07:36:31 AM  Show Profile

Aloha Karen,

The date for this years KMUD Luau is Sunday, September 4th at Benbow Lake State Recreation Area in Southern Humboldt County. K.K., one of the hosts of KMUD's Hawaiian show the "Coconut Wireless," recently announced on air that the plans were to have Cyril Pahinui and Dennis Kamakahi perform.

If things run true to form, local hula halau Ka Leo O Hawaii will be performing , as well as local slack- key guitarist Peter Childs. As well, for the third year my wife Marybeth and I will be performing during the Luau portion with my sister Phyliss ( Halau Na Pua O Ka La' akea ) joining us for some hula.

Tickets generallly go on sale after Reggae By the River ( early August ), more info should be available at KMUD's website. This is a really cool event under the Redwoods at Benbow Lake, lots of ono grinds (including Spam!), lots of music and lots of Aloha!
Hope to see some of the Taro Patch Ohana there.

Michael

Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  7:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Mahalo Michael! Thanks for the info.

I love that part of northern California...we always spend some time camping in Richardson Grove during the summer and plan to head up there early July for some Eel River fun, then continue on up to Oregon Country Fair. Maybe we can get up to Benbow in Sept. too, this year. Benbow always sounds like a great fun time!

Though I will be pretty busy getting the last few weeks of things done for Aloha in the Redwoods here in La Honda (Sept. 18)...Ledward Ka'apana will be here for that, so for those who like Ki Ho 'Alu in the Redwoods...here's another good one to keep in mind. More info.: http://www.karenshaff.com/aloha05
Karen Shaff
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  12:03:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Aloha Michael -

Looking forward to seeing you at the Caspar Festival in August! Any chance in talking you into coming to Lark during the week? Annie and I will be there teaching slack and `ukulele again.

I've got the Benbow Luau on my calendar this year -- I'll be there to do a little parking lot pickin' with ya.

cheers,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Michael Arago
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  5:52:52 PM  Show Profile

Howzit Mark,

MB and I were stoked to see you on the bill at the Caspar Festival. Last year was alot of fun ( the sun was out ), this year should be even better! It'll be great to see you and Annie.

Hope to be at Lark Camp Saturday, Sunday and maybe Wednesday, The brief taste I got last year was so much fun, I can't wait to go back.

Benbow's a great event, they never run out of food! Look forward to seeing you there as well, although we're gonna have to get you out of the parking lot and up on stage with us!

Aloha,

Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000