Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Slack key for our wedding
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tom Trappler
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  1:33:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone,
My fiance and I are big slack key fans. We're getting married in Santa Monica, CA this coming October and would love to find a good slack key guitarist to play at our wedding. It's going to be a smaller wedding with about 70 family and close friends attending. If you know of a slack key guitarist who you would recommend, and who would be willing to play at a small event such as ours, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. Mahalo!

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  5:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. Try contacting Mika`ele McClellan who is in San Fernando Valley. Here's his email.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Tom Trappler
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  1:00:15 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo for your suggestion!
Go to Top of Page

Papamonty
Aloha

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  6:47:38 PM  Show Profile
Tom,

Raymond Stovich lives in San Jose, CA. He may be able to help you out: http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1684

Jon M.
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  5:31:53 PM  Show Profile
Jon - thanks for the mention-- however , San Jose is in Northern CA, Santa Monica is in the Southland -- couple of hundred miles apart.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  12:32:44 PM  Show Profile
How about Doug in Torrance?
...Doug, you out there??
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

Lowell
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  08:38:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lowell's Homepage
Aloha

I would highly recommend Uncle Mahi Ka'imikaua. This guy is a master and the real deal. His uncle was John Almeida. He instructs in Torrance CA, which is around 30 minutes away from you. He is a great performer as well. He plays the real sweet stuff on slack, and is a uke virtuoso too. Unreal player, but an even better human. His number is (310) 562-0165. If that doesn't work out, call me at (805) 658-7458. My wife is a Kumu here in Ventura, and we have access to most musicians via the Kumu Hula Association of Southern California (Kulia I Ka Punawai). Take care! Lowell
Go to Top of Page

Papamonty
Aloha

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  01:15:58 AM  Show Profile
Ray,

What is even funnier is that I grew up in Hayward, CA, went to college in Los Angeles, CA and was previously stationed with the Navy in San Diego, CA. Eyes don't fail me now!!! =)

Jon M

quote:
Originally posted by RJS

Jon - thanks for the mention-- however , San Jose is in Northern CA, Santa Monica is in the Southland -- couple of hundred miles apart.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000