Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Maui Drive-in Theater July 9
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  6:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
MauiFEST Hawai’i
Jazz Alley TV-Maui Reflection Films
PO Box 336
Makawao, Maui, Hawaii 96768
808-573-5530 fax 808-573-2766 MCC 984-3500
Email Jazzontv @ aol.com www.jazzalleyTV.com www.mauifest.net

IMMEDIATE ALOHA RELEASE
June 2005

MauiFEST Hawai’i-MCC Drive-in Movie Theater series continues…

The Drive-in Theater is back on Maui! Hawaiian Style!

A very special SATURDAY NIGHT-July 9, 2005

All films are Maui Outdoor Premieres!

Oscar winning film- The Aviator

Iz- The Man behind the Music-Hawaii Theatrical Premiere!

Kamea- Winner of the Hawaii International Film festival 2004

Come and experience Hawaii’s and the Pacific rims largest outdoor permanent movie screen!

A Celebration of Music, Arts, Culture and Film at the Maui Community College

May 28, 2005. Gates open at 6:00 pm-3 FILMS-$20.00 per car for FOUR ADULTS

THREE FILMS, Live Music, fun, Aloha and travel back in time Hawaiian style for only $5.00 per person-Four adults per car $20.00? YES! And Keiki under 10 are FREE! Yes, a true aloha value for our Maui community! Tickets at Maui Tacos, MCC, Sam’s Sushi, Ale House and the GATE.

Live music and aloha with Uncle Boy Kanae and friends.

Three films and award winning food booths! Come hungry!

YES you stay in your automobile! Just like the old days…

“Better than the old days”-Maui News, Rick Chatenever

$20.00 –for one car and four Adults $5.00 For Walk-ins-Limited seating!

$40.00 VIP premier parking- four adults

Keiki under 10 FREE

Created by Kenneth, he states:

“There is an entire generation that has never experienced Drive-In Movie Theaters and those of us, who were fortunate to have these memories, cherish them deeply in our hearts.

We want to share this experience with our keiki and reminisce about the past” Maui’s last drive-in event was December 15, 1967 near our new location at the MCC.

The films:
The Aviator Academy Award Winner!

Leonardo DiCaprio, Cate Blanchett,
Kate Beckinsale, John C. Reilly
Miramax Films; Directed by Martin Scorsese
Rated PG-13; 169 minutes; 2004

Martin Scorsese directs this biopic of aviation pioneer, film director and eccentric billionaire Howard Hughes. This film focuses on the early years of his life where he took money made from Hughes Tool Co and went straight to Hollywood where he launched the careers – and famously romanced – many of the leading ladies of the era. He simultaneously entered the aviation industry creating what would become TWA Airlines.

Hawaii Theatrical Premiere!

Iz The Man Behind the Music- Israel "Iz" Kamakawiwo'ole is the most beloved Hawaiian musician of his time. The magic of his sweet voice traveled across the globe and into the hearts of people everywhere. Millions know the legend of Iz, but few know the man-the husband, father, son, friend, role model, artist. This film explores that man, through never-before seen interviews and stories with the help of friends and family who knew him best. Outstanding features on this film include: Live performances, Rare interviews, Iz photos, Iz stories and "Over the Rainbow.

Kamea – Winner at the Hawaii International Film festival 2004

"Kamea," set on the North Shore and shot around Oahu, with all but one of the cast members being local kids who had never acted before. Filmmaker Jennifer Akana-Sturla says "I've had a lot of compliments about the 'natural young actors,' who are from Waipahu, Mililani, and Haleiwa."

"Kamea" is described as a mystical coming-of-age story about Kamea (Malia Verdadero), a teenage Hawaiian girl living on the North Shore who falls in love with Thomas (Maui Laigo), a cute surfer boy who's obsessed with the legendary icon Duke Kahanamoku. Kamea studies up on the Duke to impress Thomas, but when her attempts to pique his interest fail, she makes her own connection to Kahanamoku and gains a sense of self.

Akana-Sturla says she "was raised in suburban Los Angeles, but my mom is from the Big Island, and Hawaii is my other home. I spent lots of time there growing up, mostly at my auntie's house in Kailua -- she teaches at Kalaheo High School -- going to summer camp, and so forth. I am Hawaiian-Chinese-haole. My Hawaiian grandfather was from Waipio Valley, they were all taro farmers, living the old ways, and my film certainly comes out of the close connection I feel to Hawaii, Hawaiians and local people."

"Kamea" was her thesis film for the Film & Television Production graduate program at the University of Southern California. Akana-Sturla was partly mentored on the project by "Blue Crush" director John Stockwell and "Riding Giants" writer Sam George. Her director of photography was classmate Anne Misawa.girl's BLUE CRUSH!

Delicious Food booths from Sam Sushi, Pulehu Bar BQ, the Upcountry Boy Scouts Pack 75,

Kettle corn popcorn and fundraiser booths for the Boys and Girls Club and Canoe Clubs.

Our Proud Ohana Sponsors are:

University of Hawaii-MCC, Jim Sanders Realty, Island Honda, Ale House, Rusty Harpoon, KPOA, KNUI, Maui Tacos, Hotel Hana Maui, Jazz Alley TV/Maui Reflection Films, Maui News, Bad Ass Coffee Company, Ohana Makamae, Hana Hulu Mamo & Youth Center, Maui Disposal, Verizon, Napa Auto Parts, Premiere Mortgage, Hana Canoe Club, Jonathan Starr Foundation, Rainbow Rentals, Maui Harley Davidson-Kawasaki-Audi, Kimo’s Furniture, M.Toguchi Body Shop, Warehouse Direct Flooring & Carpet, Manana Garage,

Maui Graphics, Island Honda, Hana Canoe Club, Ekahi Tours, Piero Resta Studio, Norms Appliance Repairs, Maui Dream Inn, Aloha Productions, Valley Isle Marine,

Mountain Slope Water, Patty Cakes Bakery, Valley Isle dry Cleaning, KAOI, Q103 FM, KNUI 900 AM, Manao Radio, Stoneman Productions, Antiques Made Weekly Films, MauiFEST Hawai’i and all our friends.

Check out our Drive-in POSTER at Mauifest.net

Jazz Alley TV-MauiFEST Hawai'i - Winner for the EVENT OF THE YEAR!

Hawaii Music Awards 2005

A Hui hou and see you at the drive-in!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000