Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 ALOOOOHA from TOKYO, JAPAN!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2005 :  08:58:03 AM  Show Profile
HELLO EVERYONE!
How do you do? I am ORANGE and am living in Tokyo, JAPAN.

First of all, I would like to say thank you to Admin here, Mr. Andy Wang. You have such a great HP. I am very glad to find out and visit to Taropatch.net. MAHALO PLENTY, ANDY!

Second of all, I would like to say thank you to JAKE. If you did not play ukulele, I didn't meet you and I couldn't find out Taropatch.net. THANKS TRILLION, JAKE!!

I am huge fan of ukulele wizard "JAKE SHIMABUKURO".
I would like to share his wonderful music and his information with people who lives all over the world!
Also I am fan of BRUCE SHIMABUKURO and JODY KAMISATO. They sometimes come to Japan and have ukulele work shop and performance! They are nice guys, too!
I reacently started to listen to slack-key guitar music and like DANIEL HO.

I love to play ukulele, Ukulele is bringing me so much fun and joy!!
I LOVE UKULELE!! I LOVE HAWAIIAN MUSIC!!!

I am very worry about that I am not good at English at all. I think I always write wrong sentence..... Sorry about that....

Anyways, I am very looking forward to read everybody's topics and get many wonderful informations and am looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

Thank you very much for reading my profile!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

Ciao,
ORANGE

Edited by - ORANGE on 08/02/2005 11:12:21 PM

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2005 :  6:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Welcome Orange! Your English is sufficient for us. Many of us are fans of Jake Shimabukuro and we enjoy his CDs.
It's nice to have you here.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2005 :  7:21:09 PM  Show Profile
Hello! hapakid,

Thanks for your greeting message! I am glad to read it! Also I am very happy so many JAKE'S fans are here in Taropatch!
I am looking forward to seeing you somewhere on the topic!!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

Ciao,
ORANGE
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  06:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi ORANGE!

E komo mai. Thanks for registering and sharing your exicitement for the `ukulele. I'm very happy that your english is much, much better than our Japanese!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  9:52:45 PM  Show Profile
Hello! Hello! Hello! Admin,

Thanks for reading my profile and gave me welcome message! I am very happy to read it and am very happy to be here, Taropatch!! I am looking forward to seeing you somewhere on the topic soon!
MAHALO! MAHALO!! MAHALO!!!

Ciao,
ORANGE
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  10:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
"Irashaimase" Orange, and welcome to Taropatch! Glad to have you here all the way from Japan. Looks like we are starting to have some more international TP'ers now, which is so cool. Hawaiian music knows no boundries (yay, for that!)!

Maggie
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  12:16:12 AM  Show Profile
MahinaM,

"Doumo arigatou gozaimasu!" Thanks for your message!
Wow, I am very surprised and excited and super happy because you speak Japanese!
I know it is such a great experience for me that I can talk about Hawaiian music who lives all over the world!
I am looking forward to seeing you somewhere on the Taropatch! Thank you, Mahalo, Doumo arigatou gozaimasu!

NO HAWAIIAN MUSIC, NO LIFE!

Ciao,
ORANGE
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  2:29:01 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Orange!!
..orange??
Welcome to the TP. Good to know Hawaiian music is gaining much popularity in Japan.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  12:07:20 AM  Show Profile
ALOHA!slkho,

Thank you for your message!
Why ORANGE? Well, I am using imac computer and the colour is ORANGE! That's it!!
Recently, Hawaiian music and culture is really popular here in Japan. Many famous hawaii entertainer are coming and came to Japan this year too. JAKE, Emy, Taimane, Hapa, Ota-san, Harb Ota Jr, Daniel Ho, James Hill(Oops, he is a canadian), Miss Hawaii and more...
As MahinaM said, Hawaiian music knows no boundries!! YEY!
Well, I am looking forward to see you somewhere on the topic!

Ciao,
ORANGE
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  12:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Orange,
aloha from Alaska. Now we know about Orange, tell us about "ciao". I just wonder why a Jananese person on a hawaiian web site would use an italian sing-off.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  1:58:40 PM  Show Profile
Orange, Ciao, and Hawaiian Ukulele...are there also slack-key players in Japan?
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  05:05:34 AM  Show Profile
Orange,
Be on the lookout for Leilani Rivera Bond touring in Japan. She is from Kauai and regularly goes to Japan. Her recent album has a Japanese selection on it. She learned the song while on tour and initially tried to translate it into Hawaiian. She told me that the song lost too much during translation, so she decided to keep it in Japanese. She is a friend and a wonderful performer. Welcome to the patch.
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  10:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Orange,
Another group that tours Japan regularly is MaunaLua. Do not miss them if they head yor way.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  04:51:44 AM  Show Profile
Karl Monetti,
Aloha! Thank you very much for your message!!! I'm sorry that I couldn't write you back sooner... Wow, you live in Alaska! Sounds great! I have an image about Alaska, nature, iceburg, glacier, northern lights, beautiful mountains and ocean, white nights..... It must be beautiful places!
Well I would like to answer to your question! About 15 years ago, I lived in Vancouver, Canada. And one of my friends, when she back to home from my apartment, she said "ciao" instead of "see you soon, good bye". It was a first time to hear "ciao". And I thought about "ciao" What a lovey sounds and word! I really love the words!!
There are so many japanese people on the jklub (jake's fan club) bbs. And everybody use mahalo, aloha sign-off. I don't want to use same words with another people. Nobody use "ciao". So, I decided to use "ciao". I know I am such a strange woman. But if I use ciao on TP and make people feel uncomfortable, I should not use ciao anymore. Please let me know your honest opinion!
Thanks again another information about MaunaLua. I will check them out!
MAHALO, MAHALO, MAHALO,
Ciao,
ORANGE
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  05:41:26 AM  Show Profile
slkho,
Aloha! Hello again!
I don't know about slack-key guitar at all. But I checked about slack-key players!
I think most famous slack-key player is Yuki "Alani" Yamauchi.
He was born in 1948, Tokyo. He interested in hawaiian music when he was boyhood. And he started to play steel guitar when he was 15 years old. When he was a university student, he interested in slack-key guitar and he practiced by himself. After graduated university, he went to Hawaii and studied and practiced slack-key guitar from Ray Kane. He had experiences performed with Ray Kane, Gabby Pahinui, Sonny Chillingworth.
Here is his web site http://www.alani-sons.com/
But, Japanese only though....
Thanks for your question!!
Ciao,
ORANGE

Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  06:47:27 AM  Show Profile
chunky monkey,

Aloha! Thank you very much for your message!
I visited San Diego 14 years ago! So beautiful places! I had a lovely lunch at seafood restaurant on the hill. From the restaurant, I saw the navy base. Also I visited the San Diego Sea world! It was fun and I have a good memories!

This is a different story but I would like to ask you... Do you know about Maureen Connolly? Her nickname is "litte mo". San Diego is her hometown. She was a very famous tennis player but she past away just 34years old though... I watched about her movie 27 years ago and I cried very much and I like her very much. http://www.mcbtennis.org/

Thank you very much for the information about leilani Rivera Bond. I didn't know about her at all. I searched about her information! She is not only a wonderful singer but she is also famous Kumu Hula too, isn't she? I really want to listen her beautiful voice and her CDs!
Also I got another information about her. She and her husband are an owner of Kahana II Trail Rides, horseback riding tour. The tour is very popular with japanese tourist!

Thank you very much for let me know about great hawaiian musician and thanks for sharing hawaiian music!
MAHALO! MAHALO!! MAHALO!!!

Ciao,
ORANGE
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000