Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 lanikai and oscar schmidt koa?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cheeba
Aloha

25 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  9:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Send cheeba an AOL message  Send cheeba a Yahoo! Message
does anyone have any experience with either brands koa models? is there a huge difference when you start moving up to more expensive models within the same brands? the only thing that differs is usually the wood, but most of them are laminated anyways. so when a ukulele is using the same tuners, strings and usually fret board and feels as durable as higher models of the same brand costing $100 more (like laminated spruce compared to laminated koa), is there gonna be a huge or any difference at all in performance?

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  10:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I don't think you can make generalizations about ukes because every one is different, even the same models from the same factories.
I've played both of the OS koa concert and the Lanikai koa tenor. Both are okay, but I think the Lanikai is better soundwise. The Oscar Schmidt is very shiny, but a very heavy soundbox compared to the Lanikai and not very good.
I think the Lanikai's are going to be about the thinnest and lightest of the laminated ukes and perform very well, especially if you experiment with strings and get a set you like.
My 2 cents,
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000