Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Ka `Ukulele Lele
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  5:10:42 PM  Show Profile
I just got my copy of Bryan Tolentinto's new CD, "Ka `Ukulele Lele" in the mail and it's wonderful. He's a monster 'ukulele player with great taste, timing and tone. His supporting musicians are all wonderful, too. There's some really great music here to check out if you can.

Peace!

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  4:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Mahalo nui Loa "Pops"! I really appreciate you posting your kind words!
A hui hou,
Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  07:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
It's a great CD - we've been playing it on our Seattle-area Hawaiian radio shows (and expect to add it to the Hawaiian Muzak programs in the next few months as well.)
Go to Top of Page

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  09:29:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Mahalo to you too "Retro" for supporting me and my music!. I'd love to make it to Seattle sometime!
A hui hou,
Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  5:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha e Bryan,

Congrats on a wonderful album. I'm sure lots of people have said, "It's about time!"

Lots of great Hawaiian music that showcases the `ukulele as both a solo instrument and part of the Side Order band. Either way, it's all `ukulele and Bryan shows the versatility of the instrument through his skills. The CD title translates to "the soaring 'ukulele" and in Bryan's hands, it does.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  1:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Mahalo Andy! I know I speak for a lot of us, But thanks for supporting the 'Ukulele 'Ohana! BTW. I'll be at the Mid West 'Uke Fest with Asa Young and Hoku Zuttermeister playing some tunes off the CD. Byron Yasui and Kimo Hussey will also make the trek from Hawai'i.
We hope to see you there!
Aloha,
A hui hou,
Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2005 :  09:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Howzit Bryan! You've heard it from me before, but I'll say it again...Awesome CD! Crystal clear production and excellent mele choices. See you in a couple of weeks back in da aina.

Steven

Steven
Go to Top of Page

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  2:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Aloha Steven! Again...Mahalo nui! Steven will be in Hawai'i to help his cousin, Kawika Alfiche, do some promting of Kawika's new CD entitled "NALEI". Shoots brah, see you soon.
Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  05:57:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Thanks Bryan, I almost forgot. I'll be in Hawaii helping my cousin Kawika Alfiche celebrate his debut CD release. We will be performing at Kapono's on O'ahu 10/13 and at Uncle Miley's on the Big Island (Hilo) on 10/15. Both show's $5. I'll be on kiho'alu for both shows. Hope to see you folks there! (Bry-Mahalos for letting me share your thread!)

Steven
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  2:33:07 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Bryan, I'm glad to hear that you'll be at the Mid-West Uke Fest. I'll try to make the drive down from Cleveland, OH. Have a safe trip.

Peace.
Go to Top of Page

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2005 :  6:48:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Aloha Pops, we'll see you next weeek!
Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  07:57:38 AM  Show Profile
Somehow I've been passing over this topic, but today I bounced over to Mele.com for sample tracks.

W O W ! ! !

I'm ordering it. I wish I could go to the Midwest 'Uke Fest.

Bryan, that's some great music you do. Thank you.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  8:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Aloha Pauline! I hope you enjoy the CD. Mahalo nui for all that you do for the 'ukulele as well as the Taropatch community!
Aloha, Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000