Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Led Kaapana Aloha in the Redwoods 9/18 La Honda
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  05:06:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage

Aloha,

Just an update to remind everyone that Ledward will play for our fabulous fundraiser "Aloha in the Redwoods" in La Honda, CA on Sunday Sept. 18.

This is a benefit for La Honda Educational Foundation, which funds Educational Enrichment and Music programs at La Honda Elementary School.

We will have a kanikapila for those ticket-holders who wish to get together and jam before, starting at 12:00 noon...bring your guitars & ukuleles & voices...

Then BWOP and the Wing Ohana Band will perform on stage at 2 pm, and some guest hula dancers will join in when appropriate!

Ledward Kaapana will play at 3 pm.

Kalua pork plate lunch will also be available for sale $10 to help raise funds, donated by Ono Hawaiian Grill of Half Moon Bay. We hope to have vegetarian entree options also.

Online ticket sales have begun, if you have PayPal you can purchase online securely NOW!

Tickets are at the printer now, and will SOON be on sale at Gryphon Music in Palo Alto, and Woodside Village Pharmacy in Woodside, as well as Pioneer Market & Coastside Veterinary Clinic in La Honda, and Music Hut in Half Moon Bay.

There is a mail-order ticket form that can be downloaded if you wish to mail in a Cashiers check, money order, or personal check - that won't bounce! Make checks payable to LA HONDA EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION.

Here is the link to the mail-order ticket form: http://www.karenshaff.com/aloha05/aloha05_ticketorder.pdf

Tickets will be mailed as soon as they are back from printer. Late orders will be held at willcall for pickup at the gate.

All of the event information is usually kept up to date at http://www.karenshaff.com/aloha05

Questions...call 650-747-9633 between 8:30 am and 8:30 pm PACIFIC TIME any day, or email aloha05 @ karenshaff.com

Mahalo!

Karen

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  05:32:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Hi Everyone,

It's getting close now! Tickets should be back from the printer by the end of this week and at the Ticket sales locations (hopefully) by Saturday. Please call ahead if you are planning to buy tickets this weekend.

Or you may download a ticket order form at http://www.karenshaff.com/aloha05/aloha05_ticketorder.pdf and mail in with check or money order, or credit card info. (to be kept confidential) to:

ALOHA in the REDWOODS TICKET SALES
PO Box 302
La Honda, CA 94020

More info. www.karenshaff.com/aloha05

Mahalo...see you there!

How many kanikapila folks are coming?

We would like to have the redwood grove set up nicely for you with the correct number of chairs, etc.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  6:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Karen, I think Larry and I may be able to come, and we'd love to play a little beforehand. At least that way, our fragile little egos won't shrink until Led starts playing, and then it's all over for us!
Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  07:13:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha...

Tickets are NOW ON SALE ~ no phone orders at these places ~ CASH or CHECK made out to La Honda Educational Foundation (LHEF is ok too) please.

(Phone numbers are listed ONLY so you can call and see if they are open, check hours, etc. as a courtesy NOT for TICKET ordering!)

Pioneer Market, 8865 La Honda Road, La Honda, CA 650-747-0551

Coastside Veterinary Clinic, 8865 La Honda Road, La Honda, CA 650-747-9738

Woodside Village Pharmacy, 3048 Woodside Road, Woodside, CA 650-851-1131

Gryphon Stinged Instruments Music Store, 211 Lambert Avenue Palo Alto, CA 650-493-2131

Music Hut, 329 Main Street, Half Moon Bay 650-726-8742
~ Expected later today ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PHONE TICKET ORDERS may be made by CREDIT CARD by calling me directly 650-747-9633 or you may download ticket order form at http://www.karenshaff.com/aloha05/aloha05_ticketorder.pdf and mail it in with check or credit card info.

And of course you can purchase tickets online using PayPal if you like, sign into your account and "send money" to sales @ karenshaff.com We have added a service charge for online tickets to cover costs, fees, mailing, etc. so please add $2 PER TICKET to your order.

Mahalo,

See you at ALOHA in the REDWOODS Sept. 18!

Karen
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  07:25:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha everyone,

I just got the beautiful ALOHA in the REDWOODS posters from the printers and have less than two weeks to get them posted all around the world to get the word out (well...as far as we can).

Any helpers out there?

Since this is a fundraiser for our elementary school in La Honda, CA we try to get the word out as much as possible without spending big bucks on advertising. WE are very lucky to have a wonderful neighbor who owns Theatre Publications & Pisani Printing Shop in Santa Clara who donates his printing services for our local school events...so these posters are our eye-catching form of advertising (designed from my own original watercolor painting "Molokai to Maui" backdrop. )

If anyone is interested in helping post these in Hawaiian Restaurants, University campuses, store windows, bulletin boards, music stores, etc. particularly around the SF Bay Area ~ I really could use some help!

If you email me with your address and tell me how many you can put up, and I can put them in the mail to you wherever you are and hope they'll be posted within the next week or so!

TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!

MAHALO!

Karen
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  8:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
BIG MAHALO to those of you who have generously offered your time to help get my beautiful Aloha in the Redwoods posters up and around! It eases my mind to see the stack of posters dwindle to almost nothing in just a few days since I got them from the printers.

Just a heads-up also to mention that Hiram Bell will be joining our event, performing on Ukulele at 1:45 pm, so if you are planning to attend the kanikapila or get to La Honda early, you'll get an opportunity to hear him play.

Otherwise, all is going great on the planning...Ono Hawaiian Grill will provide us with KALUA PORK PLATE LUNCHES & ONO CHICKEN PLATE LUNCHES which will be available for sale from 1:30 onward.

Hope to see you all there! Please come and introduce yourself to me if we haven't yet met. I will be the one with long red hair, going crazy trying to get everything organized on stage and off!

Karen
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  10:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha,

Just to answer a few questions that have been asked lately...for Aloha in the Redwoods NEXT SUNDAY:

Low back lawn chairs are welcome. We also provide about 50 chairs. Highest priority will be elders and handicapped people.

We will have chairs available in the redwood grove for the kanikapila before the main stage performances.

WEATHER in La Honda in mid-Sept. can be HOT (90-100) or cool (60s-80s). We often have sunny warm afternoons and the fog MAY roll in in late afternoon.

So wear LAYERS, bring sunscreen and hat, and make sure to have a jacket or sweater in case it cools off.

Any more questions may be asked here online or directly to me via email!

See you there.

Karen

See you there!
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  08:13:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha!

Only a few days left to get your advance tickets to this wonderful event for $5 savings/ticket!

There are still some available at the advance ticket price, so get to one of these places and buy yours today!

Gryphon Stringed Instruments Lambert St. Palo Alto (near FRY'S off El Camino Real)
Woodside Village Pharmacy, Woodside
Music Hut, Main St. Half Moon Bay
Pioneer Market, La Honda
Coastside Veterinary Clinic, La Honda

OR call and order by phone: 650-747-9633
or online www.karenshaff.com/aloha05

Mahalo!

Karen
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2005 :  8:38:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha,

Thanks to all of you out there buying your tickets... we are looking forward to a beautiful day here in La Honda!

Still more tickets available, so you can all join in this wonderful breathtaking adventure...Aloha in the Redwoods THIS SUNDAY 9/18!

See you there,

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  2:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha kakou,
We had da best time at Aloha In The Redwoods. Karen did the consumate job of putting it all together, especially dealing with last minute things like "Ono Gill can't make it with any food for the hungry masses" and scambling to get alternative food ready stat.
Hiam Bell did a crowded-into-short-time set, and he was wonderful. Talk about samba ukulele! Way to go Hiram!
We had so much fun playing, and the crowd was really good. So many freinds, so little time to really visit. I love playing with my ohana, and, as Led said, it's a real treasure.
Led was off the chart. He got so out there, as well as the medeleys of traditional songs. His friend Rodney Johnson joined him for a half dozen songs, and what astounded me was Rodney's ability to keep an even tempo while Led invoked "gas music from Jupiter". Led could hardly stop, did a half dozen more songs after the most beautiful "Hawai'i Aloha" instrumental (into "Aloha 'Oe", with croning). He even respected a toilet-seat-cover-scrawled note requesting "Wipe Out" (how apt), and knew they meant "Pipe Line", played it and on into "Ghost Riders In The Sky". Like Dennis, you jus' gotta push him off the stage eventually or he's the Energizer Bunny.
Big momona hugs to Led, Hiram, the ohana, Karen and all who made such a marvelous show! Hele on!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  9:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
YES! I would have to say MAHALO to all who helped to get this fundraiser for LA HONDA EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION together. I was up to my ears in details to worry about, up until the last few days, then people just started helping and offering to get things done!

I'd like to especially thank BWOP & the Wing Ohana band, & Larry Weisenbaum, our friends and neighbors from La Honda, for joining us and playing their many original and wonderful songs, sharing their ohana, and just bringing a bit more sunshine to the already warm & sunny day! If you like what you heard, Aidan & Kerry Wing are in another awesome band too...check out Pacific Vibrations too... http://www.pacvibes.com

And HIRAM BELL was fantastic. I was very busy scrambling to get alternate food together when the catering didn't show up...what I heard of Hiram's music was PURE & SWEET pleasure. The La Honda neighbors also thought so...people came down to the gardens check it out after hearing Hiram's sweet uke' make its way gently up the hills - people who didn't think they were coming to the event just couldn't resist the sweet sounds of Hiram's Ukulele through the sunshine and the redwoods...hmmmmmmm THANKS HIRAM! Check his website too for more info. http://www.hirambell.com

Ledward was in fine form too! Laughing and giggling, playing and singing...After a nice massage backstage from Leighanna he was ready to jam for us... solo and with Rodney! and it was an awesome jam at that. I just never seem to get enough... MAHALO LEDWARD & RODNEY!

Not only did we get to hear Led and Rodney jam together LIVE, but we will SOON have LEDWARD & BWOP's performances available STREAMING ONLINE for all you slack-heads who want to HEAR WHAT YOU MISSED, along with photos, (or hear/see it again if you came to ALOHA in the REDWOODS)....

Interested in hearing it? Let us know and we'll keep you posted...

With all that was happening at the time, we weren't able to catch Hiram's set digitally for streaming online, unfortunately;-( but maybe...next time!

Many thanks...to Janet Lawson Burr & Janis Grube of Cashin Co. Realtors of Woodside, for pouring COMPLIMENTARY WINE and for your continued support of Aloha in the Redwoods, the community, and our school! WE appreciate YOUR Generosity!

And BIG MAHALO to PIONEER MARKET for your continuous everlasting sponsorship & support of all community efforts, and for being right there with ice, telephone, wine * beer, sandwiches, and all of the other last minute needs for this event.

Mahalo TO EVERYONE who helped, or who showed up to support our fundraiser for La Honda Educational Foundation! We work hard to fund MUSIC & Educational enrichment programs in our school!

THANKS to YOU we can help our KIDS learn & play music too!

Karen

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000