Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Lu'au on the Lake
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

geckoripp
Aloha

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  05:32:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit geckoripp's Homepage
Just posted a few photos from the Lu'au on the Lake Slack Key Festival in Garberville, California! Thanks to Patrick Landeza for bringing Cyril Pahinui, Dennis Kamakahi, and Herb Ohta, Jr., with him to entertain us on a gorgeous sunny day under the swaying redwoods at Benbow Lake.
KMUD's fundraiser also featured local slack key players and hula. Oh, yes, and did I forget to mention the pork, the poi, the chicken? What a feast!
Add to that a mini-reunion with friends from AMC (hi, Vicky and Sybil) and it was a perfect day.
Take a look at the photos at http://homepage.mac.com/mk.ripp/PhotoAlbum4.html

Kathleen and David Rippberger

It is not so much our friends' help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us.
-Epicurus, Greek philosopher (341-270 BC)

Michael Arago
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  3:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Kathleen and David,
Thanks for posting the pictures from KMUD'S Lu'au on the Lake. It was a great day indeed! It was our 4th Lu'au , and it seems to get better every year. I remember Patrick after the 2004 Lu'au telling me how he had to bring a Pahinui to the event, little did we know Herb Jr. and Dennis Kamakahi would be there as well. J J ,one of hosts, mentioned that there were people coming from as far away as San Diego. Was that you two ? I'm stoked you guys had a good time. For Marybeth and I, it was a chance to escape a very foggy Fort Bragg summer ( 2 sunny days in a month ), as well as eat great kau kau, hang out with family and friends, and hear our favorite music! Hope you feel like coming back next year, we know where we'll be next Labor Day weekend!

Michael
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  5:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Curious.

How many people usually show up for this event?

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Michael Arago
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  5:46:36 PM  Show Profile
Karen,

There are 300 tickets available to the Lu'au , there are lots of KMUD volunteers (free food and Hawaiian music, it's not hard to find em'). The state park where the event is held restricts the attendance. Including Hula dancers, performers, volunteers and audience there are generally around 400 + people at the event. They never run out of food ! Spam for days!

Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000