Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Jake - live radio interview 10/1
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  07:17:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Aloha kakou ---

At this point, we are expecting Jake Shimabukuro to pay us a visit on this weekend's broadcast of "Hawai`i Radio Connection." One of the hottest players to hit the `ukulele is in the Seattle area for concerts in Kirkland (Fri.), Kent (Sat.) and Bremerton (Sun.) Although he's from Hawai`i and playing an instrument long associated with the Islands, Jake has taken the humble `ukulele to new and unique heights, incorporating rock and jazz stylings and lightning-fast strumming techniques.

Our weekly celebration of Hawaiian music, both classic and contemporary, airs every Saturday from Noon - 2:00 pm (Pacific Time), and we anticipate that Jake will join us for the second hour of the program this weekend. In the Seattle area, you can tune in to KBCS-FM at 91.3; you can also catch the show live on-line at http://kbcs.fm.

We hope you'll be able to tune in this Saturday, October 1. Mahalo --- a hui hou!

-----------------------------
"Uncle" Gregg Porter (a/k/a "Retro" on TP)
Hawai`i Radio Connection
KBCS 91.3 FM
Saturdays, Noon - 2:00 pm PT
-----------------------------

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  12:07:01 PM  Show Profile
Retro,

ALOOOOHA!!! How are you?
Thank you very much for the info and the link! I am very happy to know that!!
WOW! JAKE will be on the radio show tomorrow!! HAPPY! WONDERFUL!! GREAT!!! And thank you very much for having such a nice program!! Of course I am going to listen to the radio interview from JAPAN!! And I will tell to my friends about that!! I am already excited!! It is going to be very exciting and lovely weekend!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

LET'S ROCK!! ROCK ON!!!
MAHALO & Ciao,
ORANGE

PS.
If it possible, could you please say ALOHA and CHEERS! to JAKE-SAN from ORANGE? Thank you,

Edited by - ORANGE on 09/30/2005 12:34:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  09:11:56 AM  Show Profile
Dear Retro, "Uncle" Gregg!!
How are you this afternoon?
Well, the radio show has started!! YES! YES!! YES!!! I can hear your voice and manono's voice!!
It's around 4 AM in JAPAN! I am bit sleepy but am very happy and so excited!! I am really enjoying to listen the show!! It makes me rich feeling!! I really want to say thank to you from bottom of my heart, Retro!!

Have a great time with JAKE-SAN!!

GOOD LUCK, MAHALO and Ciao,
ORANGE

Edited by - ORANGE on 10/01/2005 09:23:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  11:01:49 AM  Show Profile
Dear Retro, "Uncle" Gregg!!

WOW! That was very nice of you, Retro. Thank you so much for you kindness! It was really touch to my heart. It was unforgettable moment for me! And I couldn't stop my tears during to listen the show. It is going to be my treasure moment forever in my life and in my heart!
Again, thank you very much from bottom of my heart.

Take care and Ciao,
ORANGE
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  11:05:54 AM  Show Profile
Gregg,

Thanks for the SUPA email about the show. It was a fun listen. What a surprise when you and Jake started talking about Jake's #1 fan, ORANGE!

Pauline

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2005 :  11:38:36 AM  Show Profile
Pauline,

ALOHA! How have you been?
Thank you very much for advice to me in the past! It helped me a lot and it works very well!
You also did listen the radio interview!
It was really fun and unforgettable moment for me! I was very surprised that they are talking about me!
Unbelievable! My heart is still beating so fast!

Thanks and Ciao,
ORANGE

Edited by - ORANGE on 10/01/2005 2:11:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  06:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Aloha, ORANGE ---

Thanks so much for tuning in to the show in the wee hours of Sunday morning in Japan, and for your kind words. When I mentioned your name to Jake, a big smile broke out on his face - and you heard what he said about how much he appreciates your support.

He played "Orange World" toward the end of his concert that evening - I wonder if that was to honor you?

There is a possibility that Jake will give his permission for us to post the recording of the interview as a podcast on KBCS' webpage; if that happens, I'll be sure to let you and everyone know.

Mahalo/arigato! =Retro/Gregg=
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  06:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hey Gregg,

Please do let us know. Unforunately, I missed the radio show but hope to get a chance to listen online. Had a great time visiting Seattle.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Dominator
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  07:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dominator's Homepage
Congratulations Orange. That must have been awesome to hear Jake talking about your on air. I hope this radio show interview and performance gets posted soon.
Thanks,
Dominator

www.dominator.ukeland.com
www.myspace.com/dominatoruke
Practice makes Practice Perfect!
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  6:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Dear Retro,

ALOOOHA!
I would like to say many MAHALO to you!

MAHALO #1.
Thank you very much for inviting JAKE to the show!!

MAHALO #2.
Thank you very much for having such a enjoyable and wonderful show!

MAHALO #3.
Thank you very much for that you kindly spoke my message to JAKE. And I am very happy hearing the story that JAKE had big smile when he heard my name! And When I heard JAKE's words, I was very impressed and touched so much. What a miracle and wonderful happening to me! I am sure it is once in a life experience!

Well, JAKE always say thank to his fans. JAKE is always thinking about and care of his fans! I am very happy to be one of his fans. He is not only awesome musician but he also very nicest person all over the world! I am respecting JAKE very much and am very proud of JAKE!!! JAKE is my PRINCE! JAKE is my ANGEL! JAKE is my SUN! I LOVE JAKE and his music so much!!!

I don't know why he played "Orange World" at the concert. If he played the song for me, I am really honor and I would like to appreciate to JAKE from bottom of my heart.

Lastly,
MAHALO to Admin ANDY.
Thank you very much for having such a wonderful site! I am really enjoying visit the Taropatch. net!! People gathering here, what a wonderful circle of friends!
Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!

AGAIN, Thank you so much for your kindness, Retro. I'll never forget your kindness and this wonderful memories!!!!

Take care and Ciao,

ORANGE

Edited by - ORANGE on 10/06/2005 6:40:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  6:13:30 PM  Show Profile
Dominator!

ALOOOOHA! Thank you for your message! I am so happiest and luckiest person in JAPAN!
Play loud ukulele and keep strumming!!!

Ciao,
ORANGE
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000