Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Eddie and Myrna Kamae in Santa Cruz
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  06:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
I just want you all to know who are in the bay area: Eddie Kamae is coming to Santa Cruz for his movie "Keepers of the Flame" which chronicles the life of three Hawaiian women who, perhaps more than any other 20th century figures, helped to revieve the flame of traditional hawaiian cutlture! That would be Edith Kanaka'ole, Mary Kawena Pukui and 'Iolani Luahine. The movie will be preceded with Huna Wai playing with Eddie and Ocean Kaowili. With Kahiko by the Ladies of Mehana. THis is a benefit for $15 per/person partially funds go to Katrina Hurricane fund.

So come check it out! Please call me to get tickets b/c they are going fast! . Also go out and get your copy of "Hawaiian Son" the life and music of Eddie Kamae by Author: James Houston! It is a book that should be on every taropatch.net members book shelf!!!!!!!!!!!! (831)479-3299 Hope to see you there.
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 12TH AT THE RIO 1205 SOQUEL DRIVE, IN SANTA CRUZ. AT 7PM BE DEA OR BE SQUARE! A HUI HOU
read more about it here: www.pacrimfilmfestival.org

Edited by - alohakanakaluka on 10/15/2005 12:35:07 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000