Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2002 :  5:36:18 PM  Show Profile
Aloha!
I visited Maui this Summer and was completely taken with Aloha Spirit and Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar! I've been playing standard guitar since '86, and also have played cello & violin since I was a kid, but I've never gotten as much enjoyment out of it as I am playing Ki Ho'alu. Mahalo nui loa to RJS for helping me get started!
I look forward to attending my first workshop this weekend with George Kahumoku.
Cheers,
Stacey

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2002 :  04:01:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
aloha e stacy,

welcome to thus cyber-ohana! it's a great place to talk story and meet new ki ho'alu friends.

by "standard guitar", what kind of music? how have you found picking up a new style? i played bluegrass (i started out at griphon music a long time ago) and found learning something so different incredibly fun. now, i wish i had spent some time doing classical guitar...

best wishes,
keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2002 :  12:38:10 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Stacey,

Isn't the music wonderful? Please share your workshop experiences when you can.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2002 :  12:51:12 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Keith!
Mahalo for the warm welcome!
By "standard guitar", I mean standard tuned (E-A-D-G-B-E) rock'n'roll and classical guitar. Learning Ki Ho'alu feels like a natural transition for me because I feel it in my Soul! Is it the Aloha?
That's cool that you can play Bluegrass! I like that too.
For starters I'm learning from the books by Ozzie Kotani, Keola Beamer and Mark Hanson. I'm an eager learner, open for suggestions.
Cheers,
Stacey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000