Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Three Friend Theme, Kaliponi Slack Key
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vicju
Aloha

Spain
10 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  07:46:27 AM  Show Profile
Hola companions, I am new hereabouts. Since I would like to know where I can find tabs of Keola and kapono Beamer. Concretly I am looking for these two songs: " Three Friends Theme " " Kaliponi Slack Key " Them is ear(hearing) in the movie " The Great Wednesday " and they are very nice songs.
Thank you very much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola compañeros, soy nuevo por aquí.

Pues me gustaría saber donde puedo encontrar tabs de Keola and kapono Beamer. Concretamente estoy buscando estas dos canciones:
"Three Friends Theme"
"Kaliponi Slack Key"

Las he oido en la película "El Gran Miercoles" y son canciones muy bonitas.

Muchas gracias.

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  08:16:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Welcome to the `ohana! ¡Bienvenidos a la `ohana! You can find a list of songs that have commercially available teaching materials at http://www.patchett.com/kihoalu/tarosongs.htm ... I haven't run across tabs for either of the songs you mention though.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1020 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  10:19:53 AM  Show Profile
Kapono Beamer usually responds to email. I'd go to his website and ask. http://www.kapono.com/
Go to Top of Page

Russell Letson
`Olu`olu

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  10:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Russell Letson's Homepage
Don't know of any tabs, but George Winston's Blue Book says that "Kaliponi" is played in D and G, Keola tuned to D–A–D–F#–A–D and Kapono to D–A–D–F#–B–D. On the "Three Friends Theme"--also called "Only Good Times"--Kapono plays in taropatch in G and C while Keola plays in C Wahine (C–G–D–G–B–D).

Both tunes are on the brothers' "Honolulu City Lights" album and were originally written for the soundtrack of the proto-surf movie (directed by John Milius, of all people) "Big Wednesday" by Basil Poledouris (that's official movie credit anyway; the Beamers are credited with the lyrics). I understand that "Kaliponi Slack Key" is also the long-time closing theme music on the Honolulu's KHON evening news broadcast. (Can anyone tell me whether it's the "Honolulu City Lights" version or a different recording?)

Edited by - Russell Letson on 10/24/2005 10:48:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

vicju
Aloha

Spain
10 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  07:12:32 AM  Show Profile
Hola again. I want to thank you for yours answers, since me they have used as help.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  11:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
BTW, I traded emails with vicju and he may be the only non-English speaking Taropatcher. He's using on onscreen translator on his computer. I am impressed.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

vicju
Aloha

Spain
10 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  10:53:20 AM  Show Profile
To big evil, big remedies. A greeting
ja ja ja ja
Go to Top of Page

vicju
Aloha

Spain
10 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  10:59:48 AM  Show Profile
Hola again. Someone might write the letter of the song Three Friends Theme?

This he is the translator that I am using:

http://traductor.ya.com/translator.asp
Go to Top of Page

vicju
Aloha

Spain
10 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  07:45:24 AM  Show Profile
Hola afresh(again). Only I want perir a small favor. Me gustaria that someone was writing to myself the letter of the song Three Friends Theme, pue me I want to learn her(it). A greeting and graces(thanks).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000