Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Dennis Kamakahi and Patrick Landeza/Don Quixotes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  06:36:16 AM  Show Profile
I would like to express my deepest thanks to Dennis Kamakahi and Patrick Landeza for letting Mark and me open the show at Don Quixote's. And for the great surprise of calling us back on stage at the end of he night. I am honored. What a thrill. Was a gift. Mahalo!

Patrick opened his set with a beautiful medley of old time slack, then proceeded with good story and a few of his wonderful originals. Dennis, with the gift of Story, as all the hawaiian players have, ran us through a gamut of tunes ranging from ancient chant to mexican to Kalama to plain old slack key. The highlight of the evening was Patrick and Dennis telling their On The Road Ghost Story experiences and the song they played for Esmeralda, a spirit that visited them in Monterey the night before. Good Stuff!!

There is still a chance to catch them in NorCal before Dennis heads for the islands:

Thursday, October 27- Dennis Kamakahi and Patrick Landeza presents Hawaiian Songs and Slack Key Guitar Double Bill at the San Leandro Public Library at 7pm. There is a donation fee to the Library. Please contact Library staff for info.

Friday, October 28 - Dennis Kamakahi in concert w/Patrick Landeza presents Hawaiian Songs & Slack Key Guitar Double Bill at the Dance Palace Community Center 503 B Street Point Reyes, CA 94956 at 8 pm. Phone: (415) 663-1075 Website: dancepalace.org. General Admission: $15, Senior: $13, Youth: $5

Mahalo nui loa,

Dave

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  06:42:44 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a great time! I really wanted to come, but the company has me working later than usual this month, and it is a real fight thru heavy traffic to get from South San Jose to Felton.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 10/27/2005 06:43:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  06:48:55 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations to you and Mark, Dave. That must have been quite a thrill, and knowing how well both of you play, I am sure you did yourselves proud. Give Mark a High Five for Sarah and me.

It is really neat that so many TaroPatchers, like you guys and Fran and all the rest are playing with The Greats.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  07:24:42 AM  Show Profile
Waiting for Patrick to make a podcast on the "haunting".

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  07:25:53 AM  Show Profile
Lawerence - I was lucky to catch a lull in the traffic last night and got to Felton pretty quickly. Others in the house had much different stories. There was also a head-on in Ben Lomond last night that blocked Highway 9 for quite some time. We missed you and Cynthia.

Reid - Hopefully Julie has a picture of us on stage with Dennis and Patrick. I was told after the show that I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat. Yes, studying with Patrick has not only broadened my musical vocabulary, but he has opened some very nice doors for us. I will pass along your High 5 to mark.

Mika ele - From what I understand, The Haunting is on it's way.

Dave

Edited by - `Ilio Nui on 10/27/2005 07:28:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  11:08:41 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Big Dog,
Can you tell me any more about the ghost story? My daughter's-in-law name is Esmeralda and it would be fun to share.
Mahalo!
Glad you're having lots of fun!!
n
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  4:56:21 PM  Show Profile
Yes, that was a wonderful show, and yes, I do have a couple of photos. My only problem is that the file sizes are rather large because my camera is an 8 megapixel, and I've had it less than a year, still trying to read the manual. However, before the show I was able to set the file size (and therefore resolution) a little lower.

I will try to see what I need to do to get this over to Mr. Admin Sir so he can post them. Sheesh, I feel like such a Ninny, I can run huge programs at work but can't navigate through Photoshop Elements, etc. So give me few days or so.

Mahalo nui loa to Dennis and Patrick, Dave and Mark for temporarily whisking me off to Hawai'i. (And Mexico) I only needed two or three cocopalms and a full moon to make the evening absolutely perfect.

Aloha, Julie

Edited by - Julie H on 10/27/2005 4:57:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  7:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Way to go guys! Just awesome. Dave, Mark, Patrick, Uncle Dennis.

Julie - email what you can. As long as it doesn't bounce, I can resize them for you.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2005 :  07:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
It Was AWESOME! Dave and Mark did a great job! I was extremely proud. What I was impressed with was how they how they chose their songs and deliverance but most importantly their humility.

Great job guys!

As for the ghost stories..I will post on www.hawaiianmusicworld.com next week along with 3 more episodes I have been back logging. We have now been picked up by iTunes..

Aloha,

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2005 :  7:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Patrick,

Mucho Mahalo (to follow in Uncle Dennis' love of Mexican Music)

I just got back from the Berkeley Video and Film Festival where I played an hour for the awards reception. Great gig. Great fun. And thanks Pat for the faith you have in me by giving me that opportunity. Boy we're having some fun now!!!!!

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sowders
Akahai

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  08:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Sowders's Homepage
Aloha guys,

Great job Dave and Mark, I’m sure you did a fine job, congratulations on being part of such a memorable performance. Ray
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  09:13:49 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo Ray,

We came close to doing arrangements of Somewhere Over the Rainbow and Honolulu City Lights that you showed us, but couldn't get the chops down in time. We learned a lot from watching you perform and the lesson at your home. It really helped.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  5:16:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
Aloha Everyone,

I want to thank both Dave and Mark for a suberb performance at Don Quixote's. I'm now back in the Hawaiian groove performing tomorrow nite at the Ritz Carlton, Kapalua Maui w/George Kahumoku and next week with my classmate and bass player for my former group Na Leo O Nu'uanu (in my younger days....) Aaron Mahi. It will be a great reunion.

David and I will be performing on the road again in Jan. 2006. Check the website at www.denniskamakahiproductions.com
David will be earining his A.S. degree in Dec. so will be traveling most of 2006 when not performing at the Hilton Hawaiian Village with Herb Ohta Jr.

Please have a safe Thanksgiving and we'll see all of you next year.

Aloha,
Dennis Kamakahi

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  5:30:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
El Tio,

Hope to catch ya in 2006!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

naukilo
Lokahi

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  06:12:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit naukilo's Homepage  Send naukilo an AOL message
Aloha Andy,

David and I hope to make it to the East Coast in August of 2006 if not sooner.

Aloha,
EL TIO
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000