Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Aloha Island Grill - Thursdays
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  07:36:12 AM  Show Profile
The Grill has music every Thursday night from about 7:00 to 9:00. Most of the time it's Huna Wai in various permutations. They have obligations for the next couple weeks, so starting tonight I will be filling in. The setting is very informal and I expect that if you bring an instrument and Aloha, we can get a little Kani Ka Pila towards the end of my set.

The grill is located at 17th and Portola in Santa Cruz. Bring an appetite. The grinds are ono.

Me ke Aloha,

Dave

Edited by - `Ilio Nui on 10/27/2005 07:37:04 AM

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  08:34:34 AM  Show Profile
Congrats, Dave, I'm sure you're do well.
Go to Top of Page

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2005 :  5:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
Yes Dave played last night... Yes Dave is "good"... Yes you can come and watch! Yes if you miss out "sorry fo' you"... Thursday nights are a lot of fun. Come on down and see us! Check out our website at www.alohaislandgrille.com for the more info on grinds too! Eh Dave Mahalo Nui for the incredible slack key and for the small kine Kanikapila afterwards...(even though I did not have my guitar...) UA MAU KE EA O KA AINA I KA PONO!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2005 :  8:14:29 PM  Show Profile
Aaargh, Dave, a total misunderstanding on my part! Larry told me "Dave" was playing and wanted us to come there, and I totally misunderstood and thought it was another Dave who was playing and I didn't see how we could mesh because the other Dave had a totally diferent style than what we're accustomed to.

Besides, I had a huge row with my son that day and was in tears most of the day, so I couldn't have come to see you anyway. Sigh, kids!!!!!! Life throws you these curveballs and sometimes you get smacked in the face. Sorry we missed your wonderful playing....
(did you try the Kaulua pig at the Grille?)
Hugs, Julie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000