Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Fabulous Dennis Lake ukulele..worth the wait
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PuaLynn
Lokahi

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  4:07:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm so happy with my new lovely Dennis Lake tenor ukulele. It was worth the wait. I took it to the Waimea ukulele workshops this past weekend at the Kahilu theater and even had a chance to hear Raiatea Helm play it. Awesome.

The Slack Key and Ukulele workshops seemed a bit under attended .. I think I'll post on the workshops thread about them. They are the same time each year and are followed the next weekend by the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii annual meeting, which also includes concerts and workshops.

Me ke aloha,
Lynn

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  9:39:21 PM  Show Profile

Aloha ahiahi :

So glad you're happy with your new Dennis Lake tenor - I'm sucha fan of his instruments. May baritone stops pepople in their tracks all the time. congratulations......
malama pono

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  12:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
I got to meet Dennis at Hilo Guitars and Ukuleles this last week (the Thursday of the Waimea event). Ken (the owner of the Hilo shop) was pleased to introduce me and then made several laughing side comments about never having enough Dennis Lake ukuleles to sell there, but he di *have* Dennis himself! Sam Rosen, of the Holualoa Ukulele Gallery, mauka of Kona, also said he could sell every ukulele Dennis could bring him. I can see why--lovely instruments (I played a cigar box of his in Hilo) and an even nicer sound.

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page

goto636
Aloha

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  6:00:44 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on the new uke! I have a mango tenor from Dennis and it's still my favorite instrument! And someday I'm gonna get another!

Go to Top of Page

Tommy
Akahai

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  1:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Lynn,
So make me completely jealous and paint the entire picture. It'll probably drive me to make the call to Dennis and break my "no more ukes" rule (once again). I think Mark's line from the last AMC was something like: "Dennis is taking over the world--one `ukulele at a time"
Malama pono,
Tommy
Go to Top of Page

Kai Kane
Aloha

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  05:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kai Kane's Homepage
Let me join the Dennis Lake choir. Dennis, If you are 'listening', I can't wait for Island Uke II!
Aloha to Tonya. Big Island No Ka 'Oi!
Sandy.
Go to Top of Page

cheeba
Aloha

25 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  12:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Send cheeba an AOL message  Send cheeba a Yahoo! Message
pics?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000