Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 SCSKS Kanikapila - San Marcos 12/17
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  4:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
Aloha all,

Ken asked me to post an open invitation to his hilltop in San Marcos for Saturday 12/17 -- Noon to whenever -- potluck and music.

Email me or Ken for directions of you need 'em.

bbenzel at adelphia dot net

schmitty at znet dot com

Hope lotsa you can make it. Bring good eats, consume mass quantities.

Bill (for Ken)

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  10:59:12 AM  Show Profile
Bill,
Do you know if there is an Open Mike at L&Ls next Wednesday?

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  3:16:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
Those are usually the second Wednesday so this month, if we have one, it'll be the 14th -- I'll leave it to Rik to confirm it.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  10:38:04 AM  Show Profile
Wo-Hoooo! party at Brudda Ken's house!! Can't wait, I'll be there. You know what that means....Good food, good beer....good music...and good times.
Its bunny slipper time once again.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  4:23:28 PM  Show Profile
Can thumb picks wear bunny slippers?
Count me in.
What kind of new brew is Ken stewing?

Go to Top of Page

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  06:44:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
We also invited the Society of Barley Engineers so it's a combined event for both clubs. There will be a plethora of excellent beer to sample.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  09:10:18 AM  Show Profile
Glug-Glug-Glug... good thng I live close so I can walk home, (stagger) if necessary. ha ha
PuaHo's coming too.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  6:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
me too! which end of the geetar do you finger, anyway?

maybe i should bring my stratocaster ukulele.

aloha no,
keith

PS bill - can you email directions?
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  05:34:22 AM  Show Profile
Ken Schmidt's email address is now kschmidt AT bcc DOT com

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  10:01:44 AM  Show Profile
Directions to Ken's are easy but due to recent construction at the creek crossing, can be tricky. With all the brewers and other talent he may ned to supply shuttle service from the bottom of the hill.

Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  08:25:08 AM  Show Profile
Keith...Cool, your going to Ken's??? I need some tab on some songs. I'll call you tonight to see if you can get some.
Long live beer.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  1:52:22 PM  Show Profile
OK - it's almost 4PM PST..... I would have thought there'd have been a de-briefing by now. Since it's not raining, I'm assuming the Creek didn't over-flow... but of course I also know about all that home-made brew..... But 4 PM still.... did Keith show up? Do you remember Keith? And could Rachel now Lead the Hula? Did she and Craig show??
I really missed being there, but I gotta tell ya, going to a Hawai'i party and being able to drive home in less than 10 minutes is really fantastic!! And I may have actually found another person or two for future kani ka pilas - but of course, everyone is going to Hawai'i next week.....
Mele Kalikimaka!!!
pk
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  09:31:47 AM  Show Profile
Well gang the SDSKS Kanikapila at Brudda Ken's was very good. The anticapated crowd of 50 or so, did not happen but I believe quite a bit of people came just the same.
Right off the bat, there was plenty of food, (and I mean plenty) I had thirds!! In addition, there was lots of beer on tap. Ken alone had a 8-tap dispenser of various micro-brews, other friends brought in some pretty exotic stuff. I had no idea there are so many varieties of beer. Beer, as it is made in Europe is quite an artform to say the least. For any of you stuck on domestic U.S. beer you should really try foreign brews...they're a world apart.
All the usual suspects showed up at Ken's. The weather was quite nippy, and forced me inside because I have bad cold, but others toughed it out, and had great jam sessions. I was forced to watch from behind the glass door like sorryful puppy in a pet store. Keith, (yes Keith) showed up with Suzy, Mikaele, Bill & Vicky, Terry & Mary, Laurie brought her Uke, Ken of course. We even got a call from Bob Lee out in Tucson (one of our out-of-state slacker) There were solo numbers, and plenty of group play. Keith even sang.. All-in-all...a very good time.
Also, was the SCSKS presentation of the coveted SPAMMY AWARD. SCSKS's version of the Grammy, which is given to a member who's contributed, in anything special, that year. This year it was Ken for hosting so many great Kanikapila's. (Previous winners were Don Narup - Lifetime Achievement, & Keith Marzullo - Best Player) Ken has been outstanding in opening up his home to some nice slack key get-togethers. Way to go Ken, we hope you enjoy your Spammy.
...Maybe we should expand to an additional catagory to include anyone in the TP ??? Hmmm? Its quite a award.
Nope PuaKai, Craig unfortunately was a no-show.
Ok nuff already, pau.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  10:12:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Sorry, I didn't find out about it until earlier that week and Rachel and I had already made plans. Apparently I'm off the official SCSKS mailing list.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  10:30:38 AM  Show Profile
I sent out an email on 12/8 about the event and you (cpatch) were on the list (I just checked the distribution list). Sorry you missed it.

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 12/22/2005 10:32:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  09:32:31 AM  Show Profile
Sorry you missed Craig, I hear your now dabbling with a bass?
F.Y.I. L&L is the 2nd Weds. of every month. The only exception would be an unforseen cancelation.
-slkho
p.s. sorry we missed the Rachel-miester
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000