Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Jake Shimabukuro - national TV and NYC on 12/13
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  2:38:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha!

Catch JAKE SHIMABUKURO on TV and in NYC this week. He will appear on "Late night with Conan O'Brien", Tuesday, 12/13!

Jake will also perform at THE LION'S DEN at 9PM on 12/13 to celebrate his first national TV appearance!

Visit www.jakeshimabukuro.com and http://www.cegmusic.com/lionsden/index.html for more information.

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  08:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
So my Tivo is set and I plan to go to the show tonight. Hopefully see some other Taropatchers there.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  06:32:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Impressive, very impressive. Right on Jake. A "Grammy" should be yours.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  07:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Last night, I watched "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" on TV but also went to the Lions Den to see Jake and crew where they performed following recording at NBC studios. The trio of Jake Shimabukuro on `ukulele, Noel Okimoto on drums, and Dean Taba on bass was a jam fest with each showing off their chops while performing tracks mostly off their Dragon album. Through songs like Ave Maria, Jake showed how delicate and emotive an instrument the `ukulele can be. Then showing the diversity of the instrument, Jake and band proved they could be brazenly loud by rocking out to songs like George Harrison's While My Guitar Gently Weeps with Jake using effects to make his `ukulele scream like an electric guitar.

Jake highlighted musicians and friends who seemed to pepper the New York crowd. John Cruz, Benny Rietveld, Jenny Perry, Alan Wan. New found friends from the crew at NBC. (Sorry if I butchered names, spellings, etc.)

After a solid set, Jake said he'd give his band members a break and let them head back to the hotel while he performed some solo numbers. Then he laughed and revealed that the drums that Noel was playing were rented and had to be returned. He invited John Cruz up on stage which was a pleasant surprise. After John performed two songs solo, Jake joined him for the last two songs to close out the evening. Almost a 'Hana Hou' but the house music squelched any chances.

It was a really fun show that had a celebratory feel to it since it was a follow up to Jake's national TV appearance. I spoke briefly with Jake after the show and continue to be impressed with how down-to-earth, genuine, and sincere a person he is. Thoughout the show, his humility and excitement over the day's events really came through.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000