Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Dark of Winter Kani kapila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  8:12:40 PM  Show Profile

Aloha kakou:

Ah, the holidays are over, and we're heading into the dark and rainy season - we may need cheering up!

So.........let's have a mid-winter kanikapila at my house on Saturday, January 21, 2006.
Mebbe start around 1:00pm and go to whenevah....
bring your favorite instrument(s); guitar, 'ukulele, whatevah, and something to share, and how about some copies of your current favorite song to pass around. Love to see all my Taropatch friends, E komo mai!!!!

cathe

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  8:32:46 PM  Show Profile
Aloha E Cathe,

Talk about winter! Closed roads, mudslides, towns flooding! Yikes. This sounds like a great idea, but we'll have to wait and see. Got a cat who had to have her eye removed, and she is very delicate at this moment. It's touch and go... We're hoping she'll be allright when it comes time to leave for Moloka'i.

If there is any chance at all, we'll be there. Would hate to miss seeing you.
Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  9:12:55 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Julie:

Hope you are all well in the midst of the flooding, storm and all. I really hope you can come, it would be great to see you and Larry, been too long.

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Hilinai
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  3:51:19 PM  Show Profile
Aloha,

I'm interested in getting with (hosting or joining) other uke (and guitar too) players to get together, have fun and learn new songs - just like we used to do in Hawaii. I'm an intermidiate player and am not wanting to belong to an overly serious group - too much pressure. I'm mostly interested in a social and relaxed atmosphere. I don't think the concept of Kanikapila includes pressure to learn certain songs in certain keys etc..... my opinion anyway - whatever that's worth.

Pls post or email me if you are interested in getting together. I live in Issaquah Washington.

Mahalo.
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  9:04:34 PM  Show Profile

Aloha:

Mahalo for responding to this kanikapila announcement. It's going to be in the Bay Area in California, but I wish you were closer. I should have stated that in the post, sorry!
You might want to start a new topic under the kanikapila heading, and in the title state your area, i.e. Washington. Did you see the posting for the Seattle area? Maybe you can hook up there.
All the best,

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Hilinai
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  7:58:32 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo for the info.

I have hooked up with a low key seattle group and will probably host too. If you are ever in the area drop me a line.

thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  8:24:30 PM  Show Profile

Aloha kakou:

Mahalo to all of you who came to the kani and played your hearts out - it was such fun. And like a true kani, went on late into the night with some amazing improv- my heart is full.

cathe
Go to Top of Page

bobby3dog
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  11:16:13 AM  Show Profile
Cathe,
Thanks loads for hostessing the DWKK, it was good fun!
A hui ho,
b3d

b3d
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  06:50:00 AM  Show Profile
Cathe,

Mahalo for another good fun kanikapila. It was great to see the ol' gang and experiment with some new material. The food was ono as usual.

Aloha,

Doug
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000