Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Dominator Ukulele Tabs - Update
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dominator
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  8:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dominator's Homepage
I just posted my first update of 2006. If you are a fan of James Hill and hungry to learn some of his arrangements then you're in for a treat.

Posted 3 complete songs.
Eucalipstick (total re-work)
Song For Cheri
Ol'Man River

After meeting with James at UGH I got obsessed with trying to grasp his unique playing style which is very right hand dominant (Song for Cheri). No, I can't play like James but was able to break it down enough to transcribe the song. James reviewed the tab and said there were a few subtle things missing but the vast majority of things were there. I went back and indeed did find about 5 spots that needed a hammer here, a slide there as well as a couple of chords including a diminished voicing that leads back into the main melody. Don't know if I found them all but I'm glad he mentioned it which made me go back and listen again, and again. Thank you James.

Euca and Cheri are pretty tough but I think many of you will be able to settle into Ol' Man River. It is such a beautiful piece.
Hope you enjoy.

www.dominator.ukeland.com
www.myspace.com/dominatoruke
Practice makes Practice Perfect!

Edited by - Dominator on 01/06/2006 8:29:24 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000