Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Looking for No Ka Po
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Larry Goldstein
Lokahi

267 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  09:26:51 AM  Show Profile
Mark - as always, well said. Thank you.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  09:41:43 AM  Show Profile
Haole Boy,
Let me make myself really clear. My response to you was not to teach you anything about being Hawaiian. I really wanted to flame you for your attitude, but don't feel that's the right thing to do on this site. It was the nicest way I could think of to say I think you are really out of line. No insult intended to your background, just your attitutde.

Andy, you have my permission to delete this if you think it's not appropriate.
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  12:56:49 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to those who read my notes correctly. I just wanted a song. I asked if anyone knew where I could get it (buy it). But, I was almost knocked off my feet over the "Hawaiian servant" suggestion. Here is a little insight to my feelings...I have cried while playing "Sanoe". The Queen's emotions overwhelm me. I feel lament, melencholy, and acceptance of the loss of something dear. I know Hawaiian's have lost a lot and I feel a lot of empathy. Hawaii is my homeland...my father is buried there. BTW, I managed to see the wisdom in the words at the end of the note that bothered me so much.
Much Aloha
Bob

Bob
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  1:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Bob, frankly I also thought you came across in your posts as being indignant that Keola didn't drop everything to to make it as easy as possible for you to buy the sheet music you wanted. That may not have been your intention (and I'm glad to hear it wasn't) but you may want to re-read your posts to see how more than one person perceived it that way.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 01/27/2006 1:28:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  1:53:21 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I have been corrected. I re-read my notes and I see some of your points of view.
Best wishes to Keola & family.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  6:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
HB,
As we said, some of us were reacting to an attitude we see occasionally here, not to you personally. And some people here are overprotective of artists they consider friends.
And many are quick to remind us that it is only recently that slack key is being shared with outsiders like us, so we ask artists and composers for help only when necessary and as politely as possible.
Also, Raymond has admonished me a few times but he's a good guy and a valuable member of the family here at TP.net.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000