Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Waihe'e is a go
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  03:45:04 AM  Show Profile
I just got an email from Kevin and he said that he would be at Waihe`e on both Saturdays - 2/4 and 2/18.

So, Sarah and I and Kitty and Dave will be there (David has to work the 18th, though).

In addition, Sarah got email from Ed Garces in which he said he would be there one of those days, too.

Lookin' good...

...Reid

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  07:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Great news, Reid.

For the benefit of newcommers, how about posting some more info.

To whit: This is a (more or less weekly) open kani kapila hosted by Kevin Brown in the town of Waihe'e, near Wailuku on Maui.

Time???

Place (I can find it, but I don't know the name of the church)???

Directions???

Thanks!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  08:55:46 AM  Show Profile
Start Time is a little variable.
But 11:00AM is usually good. If you are really eager, 10:30. If nobody is there, just start picking. If nobody shows by 11:30, it's probably off - but that won't happen on these dates(unless the weather is really bad, which is a little variable).

Stop time is a little variable.
But, 1:30-2:00PM is usually the time unless somebody brings kaukau, like Ed Garces's wife's sweet rice cake. Sometimes it goes until dark. Bring water and anything else that you think is comfy, but that is, obviously, a little variable.

Directions are a little variable.
From the West side:
Take Rt. 30 to Main St (Rt.32). in Wailuku. Take a left for 2 *full* blocks to N. Market St. (Rt.332). Take a left on N. Market St.(Rt.330)

From the rest of the world:
Find Ka`ahumanu Ave. in Kahului (it is the same street as Main St. (Rt.332)). Go NW to N. Market St. Take a right on it.

For both:
Now that you are on 330 (also known as Kahekili Hwy.), keep on going (past Wai`ehu, past Waihe`e Beach park) until you think you will never find the church (this is *no* joke, that's what always happens to us). Look for a small whitewashed church on the left (mauka). It has(or had, when we were there last) an open metal gate. Sometimes there is a canopy erected on the left side in the grass area where we play. Guranteed you will drive by it (we always do) because it is hidden by vegetation on the side toward you as you drive. There is a small dirt/gravel parking area in front of the gate. If you start seriously uphill, you have gone too far.

Name is a little variable:
Waihe`e Church is what we know it as, but the map says "Waihee Protestant Church UCC".

I know that it is a little variable, Mark, but it is in Hawai`i, so that feels right to me. Anyway, this is the best I can do.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  09:57:47 AM  Show Profile
Alright, Reid
I'm going to make sure i have a copy of the info you just gave for the directions to waihee. People always ask, and the only direction we can give is, drive until you get out of wailuku, pass the cemetary, then a subdivision, then you'll enter a little town with the ball park on right, keep going straight until you see a school the church is on the left.

With the directions you gave it'll save a lot more time in explaining, thanks reid. We'll be in waihee from 10am those of you that have things to do first don't worry, we don't leave waihee until it's almost dark, it'll be like a family reunion again. Hey Mark should i bring "My" ha! ha! dulcimer?.

Looks like we should have close to 30 of us so far at wiahee, those that are flying to maui have a safe flight and we'll see you all on Saturday. also those of you that hav'nt been there for awhile, the church is still the same, theres been a few changes around the church.

A Hui Hou / TP Ohana's.
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  11:06:21 AM  Show Profile
Kevin, 10:00 AM truly? I know you hardly sleep, but, but, but... this is sooooooo not Island Time :-). Sarah and I will be awake before the sun, but our bodys (and what is left of our jetlagged brains) will think 10:00AM is 3:00PM EST.

Like I said folks, it is a little variable.

See you soon Kevin, and all the crew.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  12:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Mahalo, Reid. I'm sure there are a few folks out there who will appreciate the added info.

quote:
Hey Mark should i bring "My" ha! ha! dulcimer?.

Hi Kevin. But of course. I'm dying to hear what you are doing on it.

I'm going to try to make it on sat. Depends on some stuff -- how much I have to do before camp, yadda, yadda. But I'm planning a costco run, plus I need to do an airport run in the early afternoon. So it's looking like "can."

see you soon!
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  12:07:34 PM  Show Profile
Wow Kevin! 10 a.m. and maybe 30 people -- sounds like this kanikapila could go on for quite a while

That's wonderful -- glad so many folks can make it!

aloha a hui hou kakou!
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  8:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Larry and I plan to be there, somehow, sometime...
Julie
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  11:39:07 PM  Show Profile
Julie if you can make it ( and i hope you can ) I'll bring the steel guitar you can take it then, if for some reason you can't make it i'll ask mark or sarah and reid to give it to you. Julie im going to let you my favorite steel because it has a case and easier to carry around, my dads steel does'nt have a case, and it is old i hav'nt played for awhile don't want it to not work when your on molokai, the steel i have will be perfect for you, please i insist you use it. See you on saturday.
Malama Pono
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

rodv18
Aloha

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  09:32:53 AM  Show Profile
kevin...its been a year already since we(Kimo,rod,kaipo,unco henry) from Monterey,CA were there..i know we're way over-due but
someday soon...we're always spreading the word on your kanikapila...miss you guys...mahalo and aloha also to Braddah Sheldon for letting me use the upright bass..ha was fun...Aloha to Duke and the rest of the Slackers...U-DA-BES...
Rod V.
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  09:46:53 AM  Show Profile
I'll be there! Looking forward to seeing you all!

Duke

P.S. Aloha Bruddah Rod - hope we see you sometime soon!
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  8:51:53 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Bruddah Rod

Has it been a year already?? It was magic when everyone sat that day in waihee and also Lahaina at the beach park, what a wonderful time we all had. Please send our aloha out to kimo,kaipo,hanalei, and your ohana, we'll play a song for the bruddahs up there. As duke said, hope to see you all soon.

E Malama Pono, Aloha KeKahi i Kekahi
Bruddah Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

rodv18
Aloha

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  10:14:20 AM  Show Profile
Brah Kevin,
yup..its been a year already...plans to do it again is in the works...mahalo for the pics and the album...kimo says he's overdue a trip there...Are you coming to our festival in June...
aloha,
rod
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000