Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 OPEN MIC 01.11.06 O'SIDE L& L SCSKS
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  10:08:05 AM  Show Profile
With all this talk about the open mic for SCSKS, I forgot to post it on the TP
WEDS. JAN. 11, 2006 @ L&L IN O'SIDE 6-8 PM

Unfortunately, it is my birthday and I believe PuaHo has plans for me. SCSKS members, you'll have to play without me..sorry.
Have fun though. Don't forget, players eat for free.
~r

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  08:24:34 AM  Show Profile
Change of plans, looks like I'm going now. PuaHo has decided to treat me Friday so I can make it to L&L now. It'll be a great opportunity to meet Heart 'o Texas
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  11:23:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Happy Birthday Rik! Hope you celebrate to the max! It was sure great to meet you while I was in LA. Hope we have more great times ahead like that.

Mags
Go to Top of Page

HeartOTexas
Akahai

55 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  5:30:30 PM  Show Profile
aw shucks, slkho and PuaHo - you didn't have to go and change plans jus' for me! I'm really still a beginner, but I'm totally hooked on Ki Ho 'Alu. Thanks for the chance to meet you. I can't wait! Nancy has been an awesome hostess, making sure I get to as many slack key and ukulele forums as possible in this one week. I used to dread coming out to the LA area (because of the work involved), but now I can look forward to these trips. See you Wed. evening.

Frank

Frank
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  08:11:06 AM  Show Profile
HOT,
I'll bring some Lead Sheets so you can join in on ukulele (easy chords). I will have some hard copies of a new Kanikapila Guide Sheet (KGS) that I would like some feedback on for "Wai O Ke Aniani".

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  1:04:40 PM  Show Profile
1. Pleasure to meet you Maggie.
2. No worries HOT, look forward to it. Don't worry about the skill level, all are welcome. I'm not that good by any means, but I love to play nontheless.
3. PuaKai's a great host, she can introduce you to plenty slack key stuff, people, events, etc...
4. Mike, now that your back, let's resume the lessons. Let me know what days/nights/times your free this week.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  3:32:54 PM  Show Profile
RIK, I'm in Seattle this week after tomorrow night.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  08:50:55 AM  Show Profile
Aloha!
We seem to have 2 threads going - I'll be there with H.O.T. and another slacker and his girlfriend. His name is John Neira and is good!! And Frank is bashful... Just 2 more years and Rik can join the over 50 crowd...
aloha nui - it's all so good!!
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  12:41:54 PM  Show Profile
1. Mike when you get back in town, let's resume
2. Your bringing 2 slackers Pua?, great....don't forget my plumeria cuttings
3. 50 is still 2 years away, I can't see that far yet. Think I better start stocking up on depends. ha ha ha
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  10:59:22 AM  Show Profile
Aloha All,
Last nights open mic @ L&L was really great. First all, MAHALO to everyone who remembered by birthday, thanks for the surprise birthday cake and well wishes.
On tap of course was plenty of great music, a good number of people attended. Hope I can remember them all:
PuaKai came but unfortunately could not play, her hand was bandaged from a small surgery but she attended and showed her support. One sad note, her beloved cat, Patty, of 15 years past away earlier that same day so she was a little blue. I'm sure the music lifted her spirits though. Thanks Nance also, for the your contribution of the yummy coconut cake....mmmmm-yum.
PuaKai aslo brought along Frank, (H.O.T.) Nice to meet you Frank and your music was wonderful. I think your well beyond a beginner, that was some nice playing, Texas is well represented. ( i don't think anyone's ever asked for my autograph before. ) Also chumming along with Nancy was John & Andrea. John is an exceptional slack key player and played of number of original & cover slack key songs....very, very, talented indeed.
Also in attendence, was the always talented Bill Benzel with his wife Victoria. Bill always amazes me with his talent, and I think recieved the longest/loudest applause that night. Terry(chunk-monkey) never disappoints and played some really good nahe-nahe style slack key. Terry, for all of you who don't know him, makes a very long drive to our L&L meetings and still finds the energy to play in addition to a long work day. Way to go C-M
Brudda Ken was in the house. It was good to see him playing again, so was Mike (mika ele) who played slack & Uke (how does he do it???). We missed Dusty & Sheila (in hawaii), Keith (probably doing CIA black ops in Panama) Craig (podcasting at computer near you) and Ed... (out of town?)
Along with our usual slackers, were PuaHo's Uke friends, Hanauni, Auntie Jane, Roger/Nancy, and Dave from Momolani's store. I hope I got everybody, now that I'm offically older, I can use the "forget" excuse more. ha ha
Well that's all until the next open mic. And remember, "If it isn't Slack Key, then its crrraaaap"
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  2:22:39 PM  Show Profile
We had a terrific time!! Thanks to all who made it possible.
Did anyone happen to pick up my guitar stand? Rik??
Mahalo nui!
n
Go to Top of Page

HeartOTexas
Akahai

55 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  2:14:54 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm. I replied once to this, thanking everyone for such a wonderful time in the LA area, especially PuaKai for her hospitality and helpfulness in making sure I made the most of slack key and ukulele opportunities while I was there. When I went to post the reply, the message came back that Taropatch.net was down for file backup. I guess it doesn't keep the ongoing submissions in a queue for processing.

So, sorry this is so late in posting. You can go to flickr.com and type in the tab name "taropatch", and it will call up the pictures from my visit. I'll try to get the good ones to Andy for posting directly on the forum.

Thanks to all for a great time. And a big thank you to my wonderful wife, for encouraging me to visit other taropatch members, and supporting all my practice time at home.

I look forward to my next business meeting in the LA area. I made a lot of new friends, and appreciate their encouragement. It is nice to be able to place a face and personality with the 2005 CD songs.

Frank
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  3:59:16 PM  Show Profile
Y' know, I did see a stand and was in the process of retrieving it when Terry said it was his, so I didn't pick it up. Check with Terry.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  4:06:52 PM  Show Profile
...thanks for the pic's Frank.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  08:01:00 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo for the pix. Sorry we missed the festivities.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  12:49:38 PM  Show Profile
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Dusty/Sheila are back! how was the trip you guys?
-slkho
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000