Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Na Leo Nahenahe Concert
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  8:05:22 PM  Show Profile

You're invited!

PLease join Na Leo Nahenahe, the San Francisco Hawaiian Chorus (as heard on the Taropatch CD) in our Winter/Early Spring concert.

Sunday, February 26, 2006
7:30 pm, doors open at 7:00pm
First Congregational Church of Redwood City
2323 Euclid, Redwood City
tickets are $10.00 at the door

We are very pleased to be joined in the program by Kawika Alfiche and members of his halau. And there will also be a bit of slack key during the concert. E komo mai!

Any questions, please contact me directly. Mahalo

cathe

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  2:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Aloha... I will be joining Kawika and Halau Keikiali'i on ki ho'alu. Looking forward to it!

Steven
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  3:39:03 PM  Show Profile
Auntie!

I obviously won't be able to make it, but I do want to wish you guys much success - it sounds like it will be a wonderful event.

Me ke aloha,

Princess Boo
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  9:06:03 PM  Show Profile

Aloha Steve: So glad you're playing! We have some great music to sing, can hardly wait to see/hear you. ou hui hou

cathe
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  9:08:21 PM  Show Profile
Boo! Miss you, howzit?
Surely wish you could be here. Ross is going to record one of our concerts this year, so I'll make sure you get a copy, eh?
me ke aloha, Auntie

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  08:40:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Aloha Cathe! Was nice to see you again...That was a great performance by Na Leo Nahenahe...You folks are awesome! The beautiful harmonies resonating in the church gave me chicken skin. Hope to see you soon.

Steven
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  9:45:01 PM  Show Profile
aloha Steve:
Talk about chicken skin! Your guitar sounded great, and I was just waiting for you to sing falsetto - it's terrific. I'm sooo impressed. Nice audience, eh? Some of them didn't know much about Hawaiian music or culture, but thanks to you and Kawiko, they sure do now... ou hui hou,

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  07:57:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
The audience was fantastic! Very attentive and appreciative... and the acoustics in the church were amazing! Natural reverb throughout. Had a great time performing. I've actually been invited back to perform so hopefully I can coordinate something soon!

A hui hou,

Steven
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  9:17:10 PM  Show Profile

Aloha Steven:

Woo Hoo! Invited back? That's wonderful news. We were all very appreciative when you quietly started playing and opened the show. Such a nice way to get things going. We had our first rehersal since the concert tonight, heard feedback, and you were prominently mentioned. Hope we get to work together again soon. Cathe

cathe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000