Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Moloka`i and Maui preface
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  03:40:46 AM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou,

We just got back from Maui and Moloka`i yesterday and we are not conscious yet - severe jet lag and no sleep. Not even human. In addition, UAL lost our Goodall at ORD and we were really upset - thought it was stolen. But, a UAL messenger woke us up at 11:00 PM last night with the guitar at the front door. We were actually thankful to be awakened because it was 18 deg. outside, and the guitar was back home and intact. Sarah got less sleep than I did, and I only slept a few hours in the last I-don't-know-how-many days.

I promise to write about our wonderful experiences and friends, both old and new, when I stop being a zombie (if I do). I have lots to say, as usual.

One thing to say right now: we are so glad to hear that Auntie Nona is better. It was a roller coaster over the last weeks.

A hui hou,

Reid

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  1:59:03 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Sarah and Reid

Miss you guys! I kinda felt that when you got home, things were not going to be the same as far as getting enough sleep, I had know thoughts at all that your guitar would've gotten lost. Good news is you got it back. ( the goodall? oh man!) it was great spending time with the both of you, rest up, you have a lot to share with the T/P ohana. Glad the both of you got home safe.

Me Ke Aloha
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  8:32:24 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Reid and Sarah, so glad to hear you made it back, although many of us wish our homes were in the middle of that Pacific...

Phew, when you mentioned the disappearance of your Goodall, I almost had a coronary moment. Sheesh, you were lucky this time. I, too, am still on Hawai'i time, and I noticed today on my way to work in that horrible traffic in Silicon Valley that I was extraordinarily relaxed! Let the other idiots race around, I was listening to Sons of Hawai'i on the car CD player!

Kevin, I can't thank you enough for the loan of your uncle's steel. You're just the best! For the Ho'ike I put the legs on and that made it much easier to play. Although I can't really say that I "played". Got totally mixed up and became so embarrased I just smiled and acted like I knew what I was doing. I'm sure the real musicians could tell that although everyone was going up the fretboard with their bars, I was going the other way.

Because I lost my voice halfway through camp, I could not sing and so was happy I could at least "play" with my class.

Me ke aloha, Julie

Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  11:50:41 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Julie and Larry

Im sorry we couldn't hook up on that wednesday at the Ritz, I had to do a slack key workshop that evening. "I heard it through the grape vine" that you did great on the steel and you caught on fast, right on julie, hope you didn't take all the mana off the steel, I need some insperation too. Glad you and Larry got home safe.

Me Ke Aloha
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000