Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 OPEN MIC of "sorts"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KAPU-lp104.7FM
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  1:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit KAPU-lp104.7FM's Homepage
Aloha All Taro Patch Players,

If ever you wanted to be on the "air" with your favorite tune,
here's your chance. KAPU-lp 104.7 FM, here in Watsonville is opening
its airwaves to quality recordings from Pickers and Grinners throughout. If you are interested in submitting a tune, please personalize it, i.e.(" This is Jimmy from Half Moon Bay, I'm now going to play Muana Loa Blues..) Your music will not be reproduced,
or distributed. That's your job. We can use Wave or MP3 files.

This all just for fun, so have some and get your material on the air.

Send via email to jeff @ kapu.org. I'll preview and program any "valid" tunes into the system, which will play once or twice a week, for the rest of our existance.

Mahalo Nui Loa,
Jeff Kost
KAPU-lp 104.7 FM
cell#831-750-0096

Edited by - KAPU-lp104.7FM on 02/26/2006 2:36:08 PM

alohakanakaluka
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  5:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit alohakanakaluka's Homepage
Great Idea Jeff! Can I send you an Ozzie Kotani track and say its mine? Please? I won't tell if you don't... Just joking... I will have to partake in this one! Talk to you guys soon,
A hui hou,
Timmy
Go to Top of Page

KAPU-lp104.7FM
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  5:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit KAPU-lp104.7FM's Homepage
Aloha Timmy,
Trust me Brah, by now I know the difference..........Wow..No I don't. Help to to know. We WANT YOU!!

Mahalo,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  10:41:55 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Can I send you an Ozzie Kotani track and say its mine? Please? I won't tell if you don't... Just joking...
Tim, I know you wouldn't do that. Actually I had thought about recording an Ozzie arrangement of a song for Taro Patch (but ran out of time before I could play it well enough). I emailed Ozzie for permission. He can be very reasonable if you just ask for permission.

Question for KAPU: If we just state who arranged the tune/tablature we are playing is that good enough for copyright issues? There are lots of taropatchers that can play a tabbed tune almost to the letter -- and not do too bad a job of it. Playing their own arrangement is another matter.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

KAPU-lp104.7FM
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  12:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit KAPU-lp104.7FM's Homepage
Aloha Mika ele,
Yes please, if you are using copyrighted material, seek permission.
No one will make money doing this, so please let them know that.

Most artists would be honored to have you play their tune, but please ask.

We pay a fee for the use of our copyright material.

And Yes, please include any intro info to the song(s), so that you are helping our listeners learn as well.

Mahalo,
Jeff Kost
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  2:42:12 PM  Show Profile
KAPU,
OK! Just so we all are clear I'll give an example.

If I have a tablature in a book by Mark Hanson, which I purchased, of a Ledward Ka'apana arrangement of "Radio Hula". I should seek permission of either Mark or Ledward (have to read the fine print in the front cover) to record the song -- letting them know it is not for $$$.

Once I have permission, I need to make a recording of me playing the piece. Add an introduction stating the song Name, Author/Arranger, tuning, key, my name, and other short snippet about the song. Then send the audio file to you.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

KAPU-lp104.7FM
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  3:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit KAPU-lp104.7FM's Homepage
Aloha Mika'ele,

You are HIRED.........oops I mean volunteered.
You got it right on.
(P.S. Let Ledward know the "Big Guy" at KAPU-LP sent Ya!! He knows me.)

Mahalos,
Jeff Kost
www.kapu.org

Edited by - KAPU-lp104.7FM on 02/27/2006 3:02:15 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000