Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Kahumoku news...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  6:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha kakou!
Melinda and I just got back from visiting with George and Nancy on Maui. Some things you all should know about:
They have a new weekly show, "Aha Mele", Mondays at the Myth and Magic Theater in Lahiana, which incorporates not only music, but story tellings, chant, and other cultural expersions. We saw the second perfomance, which Kevin and Ikaika Brown, Pekelo and others perfomed at, and it was spectacular! Tonight is Ledward, Brother Noland and Mike Ka'awa (and don't forget the Tongan Chorus, or the Lahiana Elementary Chorus). Look to "mana'o radio" for a re-broadcast on Sunday evenings.
As for the June workshop, OZZIE (Grammy Guy) IS COMING BACK! (He'll be there two or three days at the end of the week). Cyril (Grammy Guy), George (Grammy Guy), Keoki (Double Grammy Guy), Bob Brozman, Kona Bob, Kevin Brown, Daniel Ho (Grammy Guy), Richard Ho'opi'i, Rama Camarillo, Kimo Hussey, Garret Probst (Gramy Guy), and Ku'ulei & Evalani Palakiko (Auntie Edna and Others, too) will all be there, so don't be square--georege, or nancy, @ kahumoku.com for reservations.
The Ritz Wednesday show is going great (we got to hobnob with the Mayor and slack key ali'i at a special show two Wednesdays ago). The kalo is planted, the ducks and chickens are laying, and all is right in the universe.

Bwop

Edited by - Bwop on 03/01/2006 1:02:24 PM

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  06:52:11 AM  Show Profile

Nice to hear Ozzie will make it this year. For me, he is a very strong part of the overall workshop experience.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  06:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hey BWOP,

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you must have had a great time on Maui.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  3:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha mai e Andy,
Well, if you call being welcomed by a full on rainbow from Honokohau to Job's house (and welcomed by the dogs), watching whale antics everyday (and hearing them every time I plunk my head in the ocean), working in the kalo patches, eating, playing music, seeing George, Keoki, Led, Cyril, Martin, Ozzie, Kevin, Ikaika, Pekelo, Peter & Garret, eating, hob-nobing with the Mayor at the Ritz's Grammy party, ho'ailana out the wazoo, eating, making lei, visiting friends, eating, and generally carrying on a "great time", well, it was. I came back with enough sanity and sunshine to make it to June. Looking forward to seeing all of you who will be on Maui then!

A hui ho!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  9:29:04 PM  Show Profile
Bwop, you maniac!
Go to Top of Page

lopie
Aloha

21 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  05:11:04 AM  Show Profile
what workshop is this (slack key)?
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  05:34:01 AM  Show Profile
George Kahumoku's 9th Annual Maui Slack Key Workshop: June 18-25, 2006:
http://www.kahumoku.com/workshops.htm

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

lopie
Aloha

21 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  07:15:59 AM  Show Profile
where and when is the june workshop?
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  5:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha e Iopie,
It's on Maui, at the Mauian Hotel on Napili Bay (Aue! Ka nani!) from June 18th to 25th. Check the link Auntie Maria gave for more info. It's "da bomb"! Not only stellar instructors, but lots of cultural immersion, more great food than a mere mortal can eat and a terrific group of wonderful people!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000