Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Seattle Kanikapila?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  8:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage
Is anyone getting together around the time of the Seattle Institute? Or want to?

Mark E

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  04:02:29 AM  Show Profile
I might be up for a kanikapila on either Wednesday night or Thursday night, I've gotta check with my brother. Busy weekend- Friday the concert, Sat and Sun the Institute, Sat--Lokahi's festival in Puyallup, Saturday night I have a gig. Why does it all come at once?
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  05:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Hi Mark,
I'll be Port Angeles the week before. If it fits with your schedule, perhaps I can drop by or we can meet somewhere for some tunes.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  6:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage
Jesse -

Absolutely!! Let me know where you'll be and when and we'll definitely set up something.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  05:13:02 AM  Show Profile
Eh, Hapakid, if you're in Lynnwood the week of the Institute, I'm free Monday or Tuesday evenings. Sunday, even. Chry call, ya?
Go to Top of Page

Gary
Aloha

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  07:49:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gary's Homepage
I'm sure glad some Slack Key palyers are comming!

http://www.stylesupportmidi.com
Bass and Drum MIDI Tracks
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  08:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
There will also be a party on Saturday evening, April 1 at Kona Kitchen, in honor of Dennis Kamakahi's birthday. Time (and other details) of the party is/are a little vague at this point, but it will be post-dinnertime; though you could eat dinner at KK then stick around. We plan to have some musicians there already, and hope to have Uncle Dennis join in, but there will probably be opportunities for kanikapila throughout the evening.
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  10:04:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Retro,
That Saturday night event sounds like fun. It the place big enough if 20 or 30 people show up with guitars? Is there a stage area and a possibility of open mic time?
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  10:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
It's a restaurant with a lounge area, in kind of a big "L" shape; we've had parties there of around 40-50 people with no trouble. It's easy enough to move tables around and make a stage area wherever needed. I've got requests out to a couple musicians who play there regularly, so they should provide a basic p.a. system, and we should be able to do some open-mic - everything will be kinda loose and un-scheduled, so we can be flexible to whatever and whoever is there.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000