Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Daniel Ho & Herb Ohta Jr., in Japan
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2006 :  09:17:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Hey, Herb, we really blew it on our recent trip to O`ahu. We arrived on Tuesday, missed your show with David on Wednesday, then you left for your tour so we never got to say Howdy. So, Howdy.

The new CD really sounds terrific, judging by the one track we heard on Auntie Maria's radio program on Kaua`i.

Good luck with the book,
Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  06:44:59 AM  Show Profile
Aloha, Herb!
Thank you very much for your warmest message! I am very happy to read it!
And congratulations for you have been nominated at Nahoku Hanohano award! Go for it & Good luck!

Contemporary Hawaiian Album
Hana Hou!
Keoki Kahumoku and Herb Ohta Jr.
(Daniel Ho Creations)

Please come to Japan someday in the near future!
Cheers!
Kyoko Orange,

PS
Jake is coming back in Tokyo this weekend. OK! I got your message and tell it to him ;) Please wish me luck!

Aloha, Daniel!
Thank you very much for your wonderful message! I am so glad that you have had enjoying stay in Japan.
It made me super happy!
Also, congratulations for you have been nominated at Nahoku Hanohano award! Go for it & Good luck!

Religious Album of the Year
Hymns of Hawai'i, Vol. 2,
George Kahumoku Jr. and Daniel Ho
(Daniel Ho Creations)

I am looking forward to have the ukulele instructional book!!
Please visit to Japan during in the summer!
Cheers!
Kyoko Orange,

To all of taropachers!
Aloha!
I just found out super wonderful site about Daniel. If you have never seen them, please check them out!

http://www.kpfk.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1333&Itemid=79〈=en
http://www.ascap.com/audioportraits/daniel_ho.html

Mahalo,
Kyoko Orange

Edited by - ORANGE on 04/24/2006 8:10:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  03:42:12 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Orange and everyone else,
I just listened to my copy of Step 2. It just blew me away. What gorgeous material, recorded extremely well. I can't say enough about it, just go buy it and find out for yourself.
n
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  05:59:02 AM  Show Profile
Alooooha Pua Kai!

Thank you for your message and information about George Kahumoku's workshop on Maui!
I visited his site and watched "2004 photo gallery". Wow! The sky are blue, wide and so high. Lots of nature and green.
The ocean looks deep and blue. And tradewinds are comfortable! Can I see many twinkle stars and shooting stars at night? It looks heavenly and beautiful places! And all staffs are super stars! I want to go there someday!

Yeah, step 2 is really gorgeous! I hope they will be releasing step 3, step 4, step 5, step 6... Please never stop!
Also, Daniel's new album "Timeless Treasure" is gorgeous, too! It made me cry everytime I listen to..... I mean, I am very impressed and really touched to my heart! It is my most favorite album in my life! Please don't miss it!

Mahalo,
Kyoko Orange,

Edited by - ORANGE on 04/25/2006 06:26:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  08:02:47 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Kyoko-san,
So will we see you on Maui in June? I think there are still spaces available. Yes, you can see many stars at night. I think it is around new-moon time. And you can see the gorgeous sunsets from there too. - - think about night-time kanikapila on the beach while it's still warm, with all those stars out.
I will look for Timeless Treasure - it will probably be available at Camp.
auntie n
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000