Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Wanted Acoustic Tenor with pickup/eq
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ukupau
Aloha

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  06:25:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ukupau's Homepage
Now that I have sold my 35 yr old Kamaka Lili'u (sigh) I am looking for a good used 4 string acoustic with pickup/eq. Something like a Ko'aloha KT-00... If there is such a thing as a "used" D-6 that may be an option as well. I want to improve on my picking skills and something that amplifies the mistakes might be the best way to go.

To take this off line please drop a line at:
ukupau (at) aa6qn.sytes.net [I dont like spam harvesters so please change the (at) to ( @ )]

Best Wishes, JohnF

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  1:46:22 PM  Show Profile
Did you check Island Legends for a new one discounted? You think maybe someone selling a Koaloha D-6??
n
Go to Top of Page

Ukupau
Aloha

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  04:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ukupau's Homepage
I did take a quick look at Island Legends, thank you for the info. Lots of Lanikai and G-String Ukes. I did get an email back from Paul of KoAloha and to install a Fishman pickup and eq was a little over $400. As for the D-6, I think that I should work to conquer 4 strings before I venture onto any thing else.
I paid a visit to The Blue Guitar yesterday and got to see some great Ukes. The Compass Rose really sounded great but is a streatch dollar wise.
Still pounding those bushes, one never knows when a good deal will show up.

Edited by - Ukupau on 04/21/2006 04:16:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ukupau
Aloha

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  5:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ukupau's Homepage
Ok, I have selected my poison. I will be purchasing a Renaissance Compass Rose Ukulele. The one I picked is the flame maple. After DeForest showed me the instrument I could not sleep. It's acoustic but I will be looking at adding a passive pickup later down the road. I heard Fishman has something along that line. The woodwork is way to nice to punch hole in the instrument. Now to reach deep into those pockets... really deep!
Go to Top of Page

sandman
Lokahi

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  6:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit sandman's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ukupau

Now to reach deep into those pockets... really deep!

Welcome to the club. I hope your deep pockets have less lint and more coins in them than mine.
Sandy

Leap into the boundless and make it your home.
Zhuang-zi
Go to Top of Page

Ukupau
Aloha

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  03:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ukupau's Homepage
Not much link but I have plenty dust!!

For those whole would like to see what a Renaissance Compass Rose Ukulele (Flame Maple) looks like, I put a few pic's on my website (really rough shots).

https://aa6qn.sytes.net/uke.html

I just started the web page, so its in REALLY Alpha format. I will get some narratives going shortly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000