Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Baritone uke strings
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2006 :  5:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I just got an old Silvertone baritone uke and strung it with Martin strings. But string tension isn't consistent and the second string is pretty quiet. Does anyone have an opinion on strings for a baritone? Is anyone using the Worth all-flourocarbon set?
Jesse Tinsley

KoAloha
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  11:22:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jesse,

Benny Chong just stopped by the shop today to pick up some Worth Strings. He's been experimenting for years with different gauges and brands and finally settled on the Worths. I actually need to order more sets, since very few people play the baritone.

Aloha,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  06:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Thanks, Paul.
I just ordered a set of Kamakas and a set of Worth strings to try. I'll post a review for the other baritoners.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

KoAloha
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  3:50:50 PM  Show Profile
Have you ever tried Aquila baritone strings? I'm just curious. I've played their tenor and concert gauges, but never had a chance to try out the baritone. Mainly because we don't make one yet.
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2006 :  5:50:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I put Worth baritone ukulele strings on my old Silvertone uke last night and I am enjoying them a lot. Like the other Worths I've used, the attack and tone is VERY mellow, but with adequate, but not great, volume. And like the other Worths, the 4th string is a little bit looser than the rest, meaning you have to be careful not to strum it too hard. The baritone strings are all fluorocarbon, no wound strings, so there is no metallic sustain in the third and fourth strings, which I like.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000