Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Daniel Ho & Herb Ohta Jr., in Japan
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  08:23:15 AM  Show Profile
Aloha everyone! Long time no see!!

Daniel Ho and Herb Ohta Jr., has been working very hard and very energetically in Japan now! They seems like super busy everyday....

Daniel was invited the radio program on March 25. The performance was super wonderful!!
I just found out amazing video site! Please check it out!! You can watch Daniel's performance until April 22.(Japan time)

http://www.iiv.ne.jp/tfm/countdown/bb/countdown_060325_14_1_high.asx

Well, I went to their performance last week. It was held at lovely Hawaiian restaurant.
The music was so beautiful. I listened to their music and was impressed very much and had so much fun!!

After the performance, I got a chance to talk with them. They are so polite, so nice, so kind, so friendly!
Now, I am big fan of Daniel & Herb Jr.!!
Thank you so much, Daniel & Herb. Jr.

Mahalo,
Orange

Edited by - ORANGE on 04/24/2006 06:45:55 AM

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  11:58:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Aloha, ORANGE --- glad you got to meet Herb & Daniel; they are friends of mine as well. I took a workshop with Herb (& David Kamakahi) last year, and Daniel has done music for my company many times over the years.

Jake will be back here in Seattle on Friday; should be a fun show.

=Gregg=
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  10:55:20 PM  Show Profile
ALOHA Retro,
How are you? Is everything okay for you?? Thank you for the message!!!
Really? Wow, you have so many wonderful friends!! I really envy you, Gregg!

Daniel has released his new CD in Japan. This new CD "TIMELESS TREASURE" is an original CD created through collaboration with
Daniel and Cosmo Oil. (Japanese oil company)

I love this CD soooo much!! This is super wonderful miracle great CD! So nice, awesome!
You must buy it! But I don't know that this CD will be released in the US....

"TIMELESS TREASURE"

#1 HOTEL CALIFORNIA
#2 ARTHUR'S THEME
#3 WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD
#4 CHANGE THE WORLD
#5 EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE
#6 IF
#7 BIG YELLOW TAXI
#8 DRIFT AWAY
#9 TAKE MY BREATH AWAY
#10 SOAK UP THE SUN

Here is the link.
You can listen to demo track. (Only #1,#3,#4)
http://www.neowing.co.jp/music/essentials/daniel_ho/

Also, new CD "step:2" is full of beautiful music.
http://www.danielho.jp/artists/mp3/ukes2demo.mp3
I really feel Hawaiian breeze from the CD, and love this CD so much!!
I miss HAWAII, oh I miss Seattle, too!!!

It sounds like so exciting that JAKE is going to go to Seattle soon! I must go to Seattle, too! hahaha..
Well, JAKE is coming back to Tokyo end of this month! YES!

JAKE's new CD will be released on June 14 in Japan. The title is "Gently Weeps".

Anyways, have a wonderful time with JAKE!

Cheers!

Kyoko "ORANGE" Suzuki

Edited by - ORANGE on 04/05/2006 8:32:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

kanakaboy
Aloha

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  01:29:51 AM  Show Profile  Send kanakaboy a Yahoo! Message
Wow! I'm new to the scene and would like to know how I can be a part of it all. Where do I start taking these workshops or classes?
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  05:29:26 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Kanakaboy -
You live in an area easily accessable to lots of taropatch ohana, especially if you are willing to drive a bit. There's a hotbed of activity on the southern peninsula - watch for Julie, 'Ilio nui, etc. Then Jerry's having another kanikapila out in Vacaville. Also, check out member hwnslacker - that's Patrick Landeza - and excellent teacher who lives somewhere near Walnut Creek, if I remember correctly. He is the one who puts on the weekend workshops like the one in the PNW. Most everyone is willing to share tips on getting started and getting better at the kanikapilas. why not post on the Introduce yourself thread - bet you get a big response.
auntie nancy
Go to Top of Page

a35asako
Aloha

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  07:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit a35asako's Homepage
Aloha and how do you do everyone,
my name is a35asako.

I went Herb Ohta Jr and Daniel Ho's ukulele work shop at Tokyo!
It was so very fun, and I could enjoy playing ukulele though I am just a beginner.

and I went to FM Studio to see Daniel and he waved to me!
http://www.iiv.ne.jp/tfm/countdown/bb/countdown_060325_14_1_high.asx

Of course, I enjoyed their super performance!
Soooooooo excellent!!!

Mahalo!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  07:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi a35asako,

Thanks for sharing the video clip!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

a35asako
Aloha

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  7:27:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit a35asako's Homepage
How do you do Admin Andy,
Orange is my friend and she told me this video clip!
Mahalo!! Orange!!!
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  8:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
Asako, welcome to the Taropatch. Just shows how far the love of Hawaiian music reaches. Which halau do you dance for?

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"

Edited by - ArtSap on 04/06/2006 8:20:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  8:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
Mikela (kanakaboy23), as Auntie Nancy mentioned, there will be a kanikapila in Vacaville this coming Sunday, April 9th from Noon-4PM. Check the "Kanikapila Forum" section for the location. Hope to see you there...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"
Go to Top of Page

a35asako
Aloha

Japan
32 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  03:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit a35asako's Homepage
Aloha ArtSap!
Mahalo for comment!
I will email you.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  04:36:21 AM  Show Profile
Aloha all -
Don't forget that when Daniel and Herb get home from the Land of the Rising Sun, Herb will keep coming east and join Daniel in Gardena (Los Angeles county) on Sunday April 23rd. Contact Doug at Island Legends for further info and reserve your place. As attested to above, they're great teachers and fun to get together with. I might add, that you will meet more local folks to jam with when going to workshops.
n
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  11:52:34 PM  Show Profile
Aloha to Gregg, kanakaboy23, Pua Kai, Admin, ArtSap, asako and all of taropatchers!
Mahalo for wonderful comments and advices. I am really enjoying to read those!
"Taropatch .net" is the most the wonderful HP on the internet!! Thank you Andy!
Yes! Asako is one of my friends and she is Daniel's #1 fan!!

Well, Daniel & Herb have performance and work shop tomorrow in Kobe.
It will be the final performance & work shop in JAPAN. So, everybody please send to ALOHA for Daniel & Herb!

I hope both of you have lots of fun tomorrow!! Go for it, jus press and Good luck, Daniel & Herb!!!

Mahalo
Kyoko Orange,

Edited by - ORANGE on 04/07/2006 11:53:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  05:55:50 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Orange and Asako,
Have you checked out or heard about George Kahumoku's workshop on Maui in June? Daniel will be there teaching all week, and will have his lovely fiancee Lydia with him. There are a number of other excellent teachers, plus an interesting "immersion" in the culture, including a trip to the Kahumoku's farm. Go to Kahumoku.com, and then "camp" on the left. It will be filled with taropatchers!!
Aloha nui!!
auntie nancy
Go to Top of Page

daniel ho
Aloha

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2006 :  07:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit daniel ho's Homepage
hi everyone,

thank you asako san, orange, and everyone for your support on our japan tour. we just got back to la from osaka a couple of days ago. it was a wonderful trip. we were there at a perfect time - cherry blossoms were in full bloom! so beautiful. had a chance to visit kyoto on our only (almost full) day off. walked through a hanami gathering of thousands at one of the temples (on a weeknight no less), took 3.5 gigs of photos, and met lots of wonderful people.

now i'm trying to take care of all the things that haven't been tended to for 3 weeks, recover from jet lag, and get the house cleaned for herb jr. he's coming over to write a ukulele instructional book with me next week. we've had so much fun teaching workshops together, we thought we'd put some of our ideas down in a more concrete form. we will debut the book, along with our step 2 cd, in hawaii at our "ukuleles in paradise" weekend at the outrigger waikiki june 3-4. we will be doing an entire weekend of uke classes and a show.

i will be releasing the cosmo oil cd in the states this summer. i was working on the graphics this morning. started at 5am cuz of that crazy jet lag.

anyways, thank you all so much for your support! and thank you asako for the chocolate covered natto. i had some yesterday. cho oishii desu!

a hui hou,
daniel
Go to Top of Page

HerbJr
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2006 :  09:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit HerbJr's Homepage
Aloha Orange & Asako-san,

It was great meeting the both of you at Mahana's and Yamano Gakki!
Sorry it took so long to reply, but as you know, I am currently in LA. Daniel and I are writing our first 'ukulele instructional book and we are almost done....yeah!
Daniel and I had a very sucessful tour in Japan for both our solo careers and as a duo! Our new release, "Step 2" is selling very well in Hawai'i and in Japan.
Thank you for supporting our music and for being great people! Hope to see you both in Hawai'i or Japan real soon!
Take care!

p.s.
The next time you see Jake, please tell him that I said "hello"!

Aloha,
Herb, Jr.

Herb Ohta, Jr.
www.herbohtajr.com
www.hojfc.com
www.herbohtajr.net
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: