Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Two holes better than one
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GUke
Lokahi

188 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  2:54:36 PM  Show Profile
After seeing Keoala Beamer's DVD where he and his luthier talk about his double hole guitar I'm wondering about a double puka ukulele. What differences do you note? Is projection better? And how hard would it be to add a pick-up? I've googled and got some info. But would like to hear from owners. Mahalo.
GUke

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  6:56:02 PM  Show Profile

With a title like that, one would think you have lots of post interest! Oh, yeah, you do!!!!!!

Mike (aloha!)

Aloha, Mike
Go to Top of Page

RobO
Akahai

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  07:04:27 AM  Show Profile
I have a double puka Mele 8-string mahogany ukulele. I really don't notice any difference in sound or projection. When I bought it many years ago, I liked it aesthetically, and it sounded as good as other ukes in the store...I was looking for a good 8-string rhythm uke. Also, I would suggest that just like with any other instrument, a good maker is a good maker, and you get what you pay for. But back to the point...I don't notice any difference in sound that would suggest 2 pukas are better than one. My 2 cents.

a hui hou... Rob
"Lawe i ka ma'alea a ku'ono'ono"
Translation: Acquire skill and make it deep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000