Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 New Strings On The Market
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  9:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
Aquila has developed a new strings they call Nylgut, which has all the good qualities of old fashioned gut strings. I put them on a Uke and they were great. (See Uke Talk 9/29 Pauline Leland post "Nylgut Strings for a Uke") Tone and resonance was outstanding. So, I took the plunge and put a set on the Martin.

If you have an acoustic guitar I highly recommed you give them a try. The difference is remarkable.

They are expensive at $22.00 a set. If you want the USA distributor name send an e-mail

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2002 :  12:28:04 AM  Show Profile
On a different forum, someone had sound samples to compare Nylgut to nylon. Nylgut/Nylon string comparison.

I've ordered some for guitar, along with some for uke, and the order is held up until the uke strings arrive from Italy. Aquila is selling uke strings like hotcakes ever since some clever fellow in Japan discovered how good they are. Dealers can't keep them in stock. At least mine can't.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000