Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Mark's new ukulele fingerstyle book available!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  08:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solo Ukulele
By Mark Kailana Nelson
Mel Bay; $19.95
ISBN 0786673427

I've been watching for this book at MelBay.com since Mark told me last week it would be in stock very soon. Well, I checked again this morning and it *is* now available. I haven't seen the book (obviously), but, knowing Mark's skills and enthusiasm for the 'ukulele, I'm sure it's going to be a worthwhile addition to my library. Thank you, Mark!

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  09:33:40 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the news. Does MelBay sell direct? I thought not. I don't see it on the Elderly web site.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  10:34:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
Yes, you can call them and give them your card number, but no online purchases. They're in Central Standard Time and only staff the phones then; go to Mark's book then click on "Buy this Item" then scroll all the way down for "Option 4" to purchase it directly. They told me this morning it just came out today and would be a bit of time before it got out to the Mel Bay dealers...Shipping wasn't cheap, though--$6 for standard.

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page

RobO
Akahai

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  12:03:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info Tonya....Mine is on its way...

a hui hou... Rob
"Lawe i ka ma'alea a ku'ono'ono"
Translation: Acquire skill and make it deep
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  4:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Wow, talk about being scooped!

I got home from a trip to town to find my book in the mail. Yippie! I gotta tell you I'm stoked - it's been a long time coming.

I was planning on posting something here after I got it up on my webpage, but Tonya beat me to it.

Anywho -- I'll have a page up very soon with more info, including song lists and stuff. And yes, you'll be able to order direct from me. My shipping's cheaper, too.

Watch this space: www.mark-o.com

Gotta go wake up the webslave...

Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  10:38:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
I have the page up about the book now: www.mark-o.com

you'll find info about the book, a table of contents - even a sample lesson and mp3.

And the link is active so you can order it direct if you want. I'm putting in a big order as we speak, so I'll be able to fill you orders soon.

Mahalo for your patience!

Kailana
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  10:54:10 AM  Show Profile
Mark,

Almost. It linked to the book on computer music instead. Give the webslave a cup of joe.

Pauline

Edited by - Pauline Leland on 04/28/2006 10:56:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  11:54:06 AM  Show Profile
(Oops never mind - it's fixed now...)

Edited by - islandboo on 04/28/2006 11:59:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  2:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Thanks -- should be working now.

Uji likes the coffee.

Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  2:20:35 PM  Show Profile
Unfixed... 1622 PDT
n
Go to Top of Page

sandman
Lokahi

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  5:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit sandman's Homepage
Right you are.
Sandy

Leap into the boundless and make it your home.
Zhuang-zi
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  6:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Cool Mark! Congrats.

Is the link fixed?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2006 :  10:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
OK, this is getting weird.

I'd appreciate some kokua on the broken link -- cuz every link I try goes where it's supposed to go. And it must work for some people cuz I'm getting lots of orders.

So, if you get a broken link, or the wrong link, please e-mail me driectly and let me know excatly which one it is, OK? There are maybe half a dozen scattered around the site.

Thanks for the help.

cheers,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2006 :  3:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Mark,

I think I've got it. Your guitar icon link works but the text "New" links to Getting Started in Computer Music.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2006 :  3:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:
Your guitar icon link works but the text "New" links to Getting Started in Computer Music.

Yep, that was the culprit!

Thanks to everyone who wrote me. It's fixed now. Uji can relax...

FWI:Please be aware that this is a brand new book and it'll be a short time until I have any copies. I haven't rec'd my initial shipment yet. So patience, please.

cheers,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Boost
Aloha

12 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2006 :  6:41:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mark,

I can't wait to get your new book. I'm gonna order it from your site... noticed that the Uke pictured on the cover is a Gypsy Jazz Uke by Mr. Lake, Is that the uke you recorded the CD with? In fact, I have one in the process of being built by Mr. Lake right now. Its a D hole in KOA, so its similar to yours, yours looks so awesome.. and now I got to hear what it sounds like! and it sounds great on the sample mp3 "Ahi Wela", as is your playing! It will be at least a month or two before mine is completed, but I know good things take time. THANKS and congrats on the new book!

Joel
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000