Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Jenny Venetian arrived!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2006 :  2:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Well, it got here yesterday. I know, I whined quite a bit about this...but it was worth it. Very nice sound, excellent finish. Really nice pickup/eq and a very sweet tweed case. That case looks so comfortable...wish I could fit in there!

mike

Aloha, Mike

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  05:01:31 AM  Show Profile
(I know some of you will recognize this as the same post at 4thpeg, but some may not visit there)

...Anyways, I have had about a week to play with it...here is what I have found.

First off, right out of the box, there were a few finish problems (small cracks in finish near top of bridgeplate) and a "finish" bump on the inside of the soundhole. I am going to have those fixed (hopefully by Bushman).

Second, it came with "standard" tuners (plastic knobs). I am going to switch those out for nickel. I do not like the "light" feel.

Third, it came with the active/eq pickup. I asked for passive, but they talked me out of it. Glad they did!! tho, I am not a fan of holes in the guitar body, reasearch here has helped me understand that the "rim" of a guitar has little to do with the sound. That pickup is very hot, very bright, gonna have to learn how to use it.

Finally, the setup (height) was perfect. Not a single buzz. The soundboard is beautifully book matched. I know this is not a Kamaka or Pono, or Koaloha, but for $300 and change, your gonna have to try hard and justify why your first uke needs to cost more.

Overall impression? Very good.

PS: Almost got Jake's "while my guitar..." worked out. Yeehaa!

mike

Aloha, Mike
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000