Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 La Honda Hana Ho Down
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  6:24:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
K'den,
We finally get off our okole and do da kanikapila. Saturday, May 27th, at our beautiful home in the hills. We start mid-day, bring your own batbeque-ables, something to share, and what you like to drink. We play music all afternoon, eat, drink, talk story. As the evening evolves, the music may evolve, too-- more electric, reggae, home-spun, whatevah. Be prepared! Sleep-overs great! Jus' bring open minds, open hearts, instruments, some food, drinks and a good joke.
E-mail me for directions. And you guys who know you ought to come, you bettah come!
K' den.

Bwop

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  9:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Hey Bwop and lovely wife...
This sounds like a lot of fun, it will be good to see you before Maui in June.
Hope to get our camper fixed before then.
Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2006 :  4:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha mai e Julie,
Eh, no need! Planny space (w/ various stages of bedding) and den you get breakfast! Who else wanna come??

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  07:10:35 AM  Show Profile

Oh boy, oh boy! My favorite kanikapila place in the beautfil hills - love to be there, dibs on the couch ok? Cathe

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2006 :  5:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
E Cathe!
You got 'em! K'den.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  10:00:16 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Bwop and 'ohana,

I'm planning to come--maybe bring a couple of other Taropatchers too. I don't need to sleep over, but you know me, I'll kani with you guys all day/night. Aunty Cathe, looking forward to seeing you. Rossaurus and bobby3dog, are you guys going?

Bwop, mahalo for hosting.

Doug
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  3:36:52 PM  Show Profile
E welina e Pete,

I sent an email through TP that got bounced. As it turns out, I don't have to work on Saturday. Can you email me directions?

Me ke aloha mai Kawiks
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  7:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
Bwop,

Thanks for organizing this. I'll be there with my wife and son (daughter will be at a Girl Scout camp out). I've got to confess lately I've been playing more dobro and banjo than slack key.

-Gary

PS: Dave, I emailed you the directions.

Edited by - Gary A on 05/23/2006 7:16:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  8:26:11 PM  Show Profile

Aloha Bwop, Gary or whoever has directions.... could someone please mail me direcitons coming through Woodside? Can't remember the right way to do that thang. Mahalo, looking forward to the kani. Cathe

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  9:02:53 PM  Show Profile
And what can we bring? Other than the instruments, which are not edible or potable. Lunch, dinner, breakfast?
Julie
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  9:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
Julie, here's the information I got from Melinda. It has some more details about the timing and activities.

What: First party of the summer
Where: The Wings' hale
When: 3pm for acoustic kanikapila, 6pm for BBQ, electric jam in the evenings, and more acoustic when folks want mellow.
Bring: yourself and family, something to BBQ and something to share, musical instruments, dancing shoes

Cathe, I emailed you directions.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  7:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha nui loa kakou!
So glad to have you all comming!
The trick is to get onto Route 84/La Honda Road. If you're coming from the north, it's easy-- take Woodside road and nothing but (it turns into 84). From the south, you can take Sand Hill (west). Down the hill, turn right on Portola Road, and at the fork (1/4 mile) turn left. At the stop sign, turn right, up 84.
Go UP the hill. At the "corners" (84 and 35), go straight through, and down the hill. You'll know you hit La Honda when you see the Fire House, the Post Office, the sometimes Resteraunt, the Vet and the bandit store. That's it. Apple Jack's bar is the land mark. Turn here, on Entrada, (by the bumbye, from Santa Cruz, north on 1, turn right on 84 at San Gregorio, until you get to Apple Jack's), go up the hill. Don't be distracted by the nexus of inferior roads stemming off. As you pass the lake on your right, the playground on your left, and the road dereriorates, you're on the right track! Next left is Re-Creation, and follow it until you don't fall into the bottomless pit (we plant our children's umvilical chords in there...). It's 21. You'll know it, one way o 'nudder. 'Jus park anywheah, but leave lane open for possisble neighbor/emergency vehicle.
Bring what you like fo' yourself to barbeque, something to share, and what you like to drink. Instruments a must (or you get extra security check), open mind, open heart, good story. Dobros, banjos and diggery-dos most welcome. NO ACCORDIANS. Unless you can play 'em well.
Who knows, there may be fire-dancing and charades! I'm low on pyro-technics. But it sure will be fun! K'den.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  9:52:05 PM  Show Profile

Auwe!
Auntie has to relenquish her sleepy time on da couch! Will be there to kani, but no can stay ovah. sigh. Miss the early sunlight on da hills, miss bwop's ono breakfas'.
Julie, you grab 'em!
ou hui hou, Cathe

cathe
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2006 :  05:26:40 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo `o Wing ma a me Boo for the wonderful "face lap" and sharing my hot dogs,

Great kanikapila, great food, great company. Thanks for the invite.

Me ke aloha

Dave
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2006 :  07:53:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh man, no way I'm even going to come close to touching that line.
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2006 :  8:26:49 PM  Show Profile

Mahalo nui, Peter and Melinda, for a terrific kani.
Such great music, ono food and a beautiful day and evening.
The music is in my heart and my ears still today, and dat smile still on ma face.
mahalo to Julie and Doug for bringing the music to share around.
Ou hui hou, Cathe

cathe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000