Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Baggs pickup troubleshooting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Leonard
Lokahi

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  11:16:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Leonard's Homepage
My taropatch guitar has a Baggs Active Element pickup in it, which means there's a battery driving a circuit which boosts the undersaddle transducer signal. Then to a DI box and then to my amp. Works very well, but then suddenly the signal level drops waaaay back. I can turn up the amp and the signal's still there, just much much quieter, kind of like the amplification in the pickup stops working suddenly. Any ideas about troubleshooting this? A battery circuit issue? The battery itself seems fine. And if it were the battery wouldn't it fade instead of dropping suddenly down? What amount of signal should I find directly out of the pickup (i.e., at the socket in the tailblock) when the "active" amplification is working? I'm pretty sure the problem isn't the DI box or the amp, because I hooked up a mic instead of the guitar and the signal seems to stay the same over time. any thoughts? Thanks. LRR

Be the change that you wish to see in the world. M. Gandhi
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000