Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Island Rentals
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John
`Olu`olu

656 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  12:12:35 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - John on 06/26/2003 6:50:50 PM

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  2:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Sarah and I tried to rent a guitar for her in Kahului about 4 or 5 years ago. The music store near the Ka`ahumanu Shopping center (I am blanking on the name - Bounty Music? Somebody local, please confirm) rented Fenders and such, but at a really high rate - it was $50/day plus a big deposit. So, we didn't do it, because you could buy one if you rented for a few weeks. Ever since then, we have either Fedexed or carried one of ours in a Calton Case. I would call them to see what the current situation is.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  4:09:42 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, jwn & "bruddah" Reid.

I just checked with a friend of mines that rents out guitars. More on the low ends though. (guitars) No quality names but good enough to play while here in the islands.

He won't rent out quality guitars like Ovations, Takamines, well you know,
The ones he can rent are new and qality enough to play while on your vacation.

He's giving me a great price! Don't want to put it online, because thats the price he'll give me.
Any of you planning to come to Maui and need to rent? e-mail me and I can set it up for you!
You won't believe the price he's giving it to me for a week. (if i did'nt have a guitar i'd be renting) ha,ha! a hui hou!

Malama Pono!
Kevin.
p.s. Just to let you know, Im not getting anything out of this deal. just wanted to mention it. enjoy! because your Ohana!

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  4:14:54 PM  Show Profile
Sorry this offer goes out to all of you!
Taropatch or none Taropatch. It would be nice though if your playing Ki ho'alu!

A Hui Hou!
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  8:27:55 PM  Show Profile
I've rented one from Larry's Music in Kapaa (Kauai) - an old Yamaha.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  10:43:39 PM  Show Profile

John,

Rent, with your axe? and case? But I know what you mean, lugging those things thru the airlines are a biatch. I can add very little, but on Kauai, in Kapa'a, I saw a rental daily sign for guitars, I agree with Reid, I think it was kinda steep.
My friend, Im telling you the writing is on the wall......baby Taylor, easy to care for, doesnt eat much, is comfortable in the overhead bins on everything larger than a Cessna 182, but I digress.

(quick flash to Kevin....Ovation....quality guitars?), okay I'm all better now.

John by the way, what gives you the right to turn right around and go back to Maui? It aint fair, me slavin away in Kalifornia and all. January just means more rain around here.

Have a blast
Mike (Supreme commander of the Piffles) :) (smilie faces dont scare me, Im just an old fashioned boy...except that third one from the top, the one wearing sunglasses...when I was 8, I went to this scary movie with my sister and the.........oh nevermind.

Peace to you

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  11:44:59 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by cmdrpiffle

snip, snip..

I can add very little, but on Kauai, in Kapa'a, I saw a rental daily sign for guitars, I agree with Reid, I think it was kinda steep.

snip, snip...

I think I paid $4/day at Larry's.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  7:32:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
quote:
But about the renting... I think for the amount of time I'll require the use of a geetar, any ol' thang gonna do me. Heck, a beach geetar sounds 'bout right for me anyways. Somehow even they sound good while sittin' on the warm sand, listenin' to soft sounds of ka makani rustlin' the palms overhead, and the waves ticklin' at yer toes. What better way to watch the sun disappear over the western horizon, eh?

amen to that! slackkey bill says it well - this is the kind of stuff that creates ki ho'alu...

i think, though, that you're missing an excellent opportunity to succumb to GAS. you can go troll the parlor/travel guitar and beater guitar section of a good music store looking for something that fits overhead and that doesn't cost much, and make it yours. i have a larrivee parlor that i bought used that i take with me on trips.

quote:
And what's wrong with going back to Maui? I'd like to get to the point where I'm saying... "yeah, headin' back to da mainland for a vacation for a couple weeks."

me too, brah.

aloha,
keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  10:21:53 PM  Show Profile
You are all missing the BENEFITS of a guitar case when traveling. Several trips ago we got to the San Francisco airport, late as usual, and there were many loooong lines in front of the United counters. Except for one at the end, with only 4 people. Big sign: "Odd-sized luggage". The guitarcases, filled with inexpensive travel guitars: one Baby Taylor and a parlour, got us through the line in about 7 minutes! I'm thinking of actually packing my clothes in a guitarcase just to go though that line. It was wikiwiki. But really, I would not travel with any guitar the meant the world to me. So we just bring the cheapies. Good enough for the kanikapilas. Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000