Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Palaka shirts
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  09:03:01 AM  Show Profile
Last year there was a thread about palaka shirts (pardon the pun!) -- so I wanted to let everyone know that Sears @ Ala Moana Center (Honolulu) now carries them regularly (yay!!!). This weekend they only had red/white and navy/white (all-cotton), but the clerk said they carry other colors as well. Price was about $40, as I recall.

Not sure if they take phone orders, but mainland folks searching for palaka shirts might want to call and check.

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Edited by - Auntie Maria on 07/03/2006 9:53:23 PM

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  12:41:11 PM  Show Profile
We'll have to have a kanaka or kama'aina make a Sears kruise for the kaliponi kiho'alu krowd (nice alliteration -- but . . uh-oh . . .that come out KKK . . not good! . ummmm. . the California Slackers . Any takers?

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  10:40:17 PM  Show Profile
Kala mai!

Title shoulda read "palaka", not pakala (surf spot here on Kaua`i).

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  3:48:47 PM  Show Profile
Auntie Maria (Since you originated the post, you should be able to edit it and correct it)
Andy, correct me if I'm wrong.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  5:54:26 PM  Show Profile
The Brown clan looked nice in their red and white palaka shirts on Sunday.
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  12:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
I agree that the Brown Ohana looked sharp. Auntie Nancy, if I had known you were going to be there on Sunday too I would have arranged to meet up with you, along with Rod (Rodv18 - who was one of the organizers), Sil, Kawini and Doug (PearlCityBoy). Rod, Sil and I performed with our group, "A Touch Of Polynesia" early in the day on Sunday. A missed opportunity...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  5:30:04 PM  Show Profile
Which Sunday? I'm talking about the Slack Key Festival on Maui on the 25th.....
But I will be going to a wedding in Los Gatos Sept 20th - is that in your neck of the woods? Also will be passing through the first and 3rd weeks of November (going to Seattle for another wedding, and want to catch neeej's kanikapila too).
As I keep saying, any time anyone is anywhere near LA, make sure to contact - will make kanikapila happen if at all possible.
Aloha nui!!
n
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  8:51:41 PM  Show Profile
Pua Kai! Los Gatos is only about a 35 minute drive from our home in the beautiful redwoods of Santa Cruz County. You are so welcome here if we are here and our schedules mesh! Email me offline and let's work something out...
Aloha nui, Julie
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  09:47:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
Auntie Nancy, my mistake. I was referring to the 2nd day of the Monterey Spam Jam, Sunday, 6/18 when the Brown Ohana performed and wore their red & white palaka shirts...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  1:37:43 PM  Show Profile
Yah, I figured...
That wedding thingey is at the Byington winery on Sept 23rd - will stay w/ Julie, maybe see Kiwini and others? Good holo-holo?? You come down to LA, we have kanikapila here...
PS: when it's cold and you have sun, warn islanders about sunscreen...
Aloha!
n
Go to Top of Page

Danny Boy
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  12:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Danny Boy a Yahoo! Message
Gilbert's Formal Wear ( go figure..) in Wailuku has choke Palaka Shirts...244-4017..I saw navy, red, black, and royal blue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000