Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 ukulele tuner problem
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mark m
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  2:51:53 PM  Show Profile
Aloha folks,

I have a fluke uke with a faulty tuner, G or 3rd string. The tuner is slipping after strumming the strings for a few minutes and makes the guitar string slack so I can't play music. Have you guys experienced anything like this and what is the solution? Do I need to buy replacement tuners and where can I get ones that will fit exactly?

Mahalo,
Mark

Russell Letson
`Olu`olu

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  2:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Russell Letson's Homepage
From the photos of Flukes, the pegs look like standard friction tuners--have you tried tightening the screw in the middle of the button just a tad? That's the usual method of adjustment--tighten until it holds.
Go to Top of Page

mark m
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  07:55:22 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Russell,

I'll give it a try. Maybe there's hope for this uke.

Mahalo,
Mark
Go to Top of Page

mark m
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  09:42:52 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Russell,

Thanks for the suggestion, it worked. Its the first time the tuners stayed in tune for a whole hour. I never thought of tightening the screws because with guitars I never had to do that to their tuners. It must be this type of tuners since there are no gears.

Mahalo,
Mark
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  1:17:51 PM  Show Profile
Mark,

Yeah, I've got one too (Fluke). They are friction tuners, and as mentioned the screw in the knob adjusts tension. They actually work very well compared to a lot of tuners out there.

Play around with it. Too tight and it's a pain to move, and then it skips, too loose, and yer playing 'extra slack key Uke'.

It's a balance. Play around with it till you get the tension to your liking.

I've noticed my Fluke stays in tune better than ANY other instrument I own....so there's hope.

Happy Strumming !!

Cheers,
Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  7:41:12 PM  Show Profile
replace dose tuners with worm drives...

mike :-)

Aloha, Mike
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  08:59:10 AM  Show Profile
My KoAloha tuners never slip. The only out of tune is caused by my negligence, bad ear, stretching in new strings, or large scale temperature change (left the black case in the sun). gave my soprano ukulele with friction tuners to my Mom.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000